Beaded Leather Belts

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
SFAcowgirl wrote
on Jan 15, 2014 6:51 PM

Hello All,

I am new to beading and I am sure y'all have received this question many times, but I would really like to make a belt and a halter but and stumped on attaching the loomed beads to the leather. I have a picture that I got off the internet of how I would like the beads attached. If anyone could help me or possibly provide me with a video on how to do so I would greatly appreciate it. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 632
shanks wrote
on Jan 16, 2014 11:46 AM

First off, WELCOME to the forum.

I am no expert as to what you need to do, but one suggestion would be to post this down in the "How do I? " section. Lots more eyes would see it.

I would think you need to bead the pattern onto a backing material, and then attach the finished beading onto the leather belt.  Here is a link that may help you somewhat   http://www.ehow.com/how_2336921_make-beaded-leather-belt.html.  Do a search for Beaded Leather Belts, lots of sites available.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Feb 21, 2014 8:51 AM

Thats a good tutorial to use. I'm glad to see the glue aspect vs the sewing aspect. Leather is unruly to sew, you need special needles and heavy duty thread. You could loom or stitch something seedy too and attach that to it also instead of just glueing on the beads. 

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS