How do you make a button loop closure?

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 26
on Dec 26, 2013 7:39 AM

So, I finally learned how to bead crochet a rope and before it unravels, I want to finish it into a bracelet.  I've made a beaded button for the clasp, but silly as it sounds, I don't know how to make a button-loop closure.  Whenever I try, my loops are too big and don't secure the button.  

Could y'all help me with how big does the loop needs to be compared to the button?  

Also, if I add end caps to the rope, will I still be able to use a button loop closure?  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
shanks wrote
on Dec 26, 2013 1:44 PM

Hi,

One way to make a loop is to use a product like Gossamer Floss, doubling the strands. Make the loop about half the size of the button and it will stretch over the button with no problem. I use seed beads to cover the floss. Good luck with your project and hope you post it when finished.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 31, 2013 12:44 PM

Just giving a bump to get spammer off top of page.

Be sure to play with your beads today...they get lonely.Sad

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Jan 5, 2014 9:43 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with using the name of your store for your user name. Complaining about that is being "over-picky".  It doesn't link to anything, so it's not like putting a link inside a post. The post itself wasn't spammy. And I have seen many other people do it through the years.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 5, 2014 10:08 AM

I agree with Cat the name is fine as far as I can see. As Cat says it doesn't link to anything. It is not any different then using your site in the signature line which is allowed.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS