How do I make round resin beads?

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Nimhly wrote
on Jan 26, 2009 12:50 PM

I've recently gotten into working with resin, so much fun, so addictive!! I want to make round beads, but I'm not sure how. I don't mean round pendants, but completely round beads. Is there a mold on the market somewhere for this, or would I have to make my own? Someone mentioned half curing the resin and then rolling it, but I can't find a tutorial for that on the internet - does anyone know a book that might have this technique?

Thanks for the help!

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Persephone3 wrote
on May 29, 2009 6:19 AM

Hi!  Don't know if you ever found your answer, but perhaps you could make a latex mold, or hand-roll semi-cured resin.  Two books that might help - Sherri Haab, The Art of Resin Jewelry, and Marie Browning, EasyCast Resin Jewelry - (more of a booklet-type publication - should be available from an EasyCast resin dealer.) 

Angela

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on May 29, 2009 6:39 AM

well, the other option would be getting molds that are half spheres, and carfully sanding them down totally smooth, and then adheiring them together. Sherri Haab does some great things, she does have a mailnig list, and I'm sure a website too. She's VERY nice, I'm sure if you sent her your question, she'd send you her advice (or might start trying herself)

her website http://sherrihaab.com
Her email sherri@sherrihaab.com

Good luck!

Lois

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS