Colour Palette Challange

This post has 87 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Dec 3, 2013 8:26 PM

Hi guys!

I was thinking about organising a colour palette challenge early next year and wanted to see how many people were interested (after the christmas rush of course)..

Basically, those who have Pinterest accounts have obviously seen those colour palettes that can be used for colour inspiration for a variety of projects. I was thinking of grabbing some of those and depending on the number of people participating, distributing one random palette to each person, and each person has to create something using that colour palette as inspiration.

For those of you who haven't seen one, here is an example:

So the person who receives ^^this palette, would need to create something using those colours.

I thought it would be a bit of a challenge for those people who aren't good with colours or those who feel they need to broaden their colour horizon.

Just a thought, but I would like to see how many people would be interested in participating Smile

Emma
xXx 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 101
Violet Fairy wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 9:55 AM

Hi Emma!

i've always loved those "palette from pictures".... And I love playing with colour. I'll hold my hands up here, and say that when making jewellery for I tend to stick to the colours that suit me (and I have clothes in!) but have friends and family who suit completely different hues. Making something "just for them" is always fun, if daunting sometimes!

I'd like to join in - does it matter that I'm in the UK?

looking forward to it now...

hugs,

Sarah

Wilted FlowerThe next time someone promises me the earth but gives me manure I'm planting seeds and growing flowers! Wilted Flower

Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Emma

Given that I have the money to buy the beads in the color palette at the time you put up the challenge, I'd play along.

Looking forward to playing with new colors in beads.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 101
Violet Fairy wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 3:48 PM

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Didn't even occur to me that I might have to buy beads..... Embarrassed just sorta hoping I'd maybe have the right colours in my stash! 

Wilted FlowerWilted FlowerWilted FlowerWilted FlowerWilted FlowerWilted Flower

Sarah

Wilted FlowerThe next time someone promises me the earth but gives me manure I'm planting seeds and growing flowers! Wilted Flower

Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower Wilted Flower

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 4:17 PM

might be fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 581
debbiela wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 7:08 PM

I use that website to challenge myself with my lampwork beads.  It's an awesome site !  http://design-seeds.com/  

Have fun with your challenge ! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 8:13 PM

Hey, Emma!

I have a Pinterest account, so yes, I've seen those before, especially as Jewelry Stringing Magazine uses them to give beaders guidelines for submissions for their magazines.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  I'd love to try this challenge.  Could you give me a heads-up when it's ready to go?

Many thanks!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Dec 6, 2013 1:03 AM

That sounds exciting! 

If I'm available at the time that the challenge starts then I would love to join in.

It depends though on what my schedule will be like then.Confused

Hope I'll be able to participate:)

~Grace~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
onsra wrote
on Dec 8, 2013 6:45 PM

That would be cool to do and a bit of a challenge. I'm in. I follow pantone and the color palette that they put out for spring and fall.

Jessi Larson

onsradesigns.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 4:10 AM

Great! So glad to see people keen to join! Smile

Violet Fairy - of course you can join in the UK! I myself actually live in Australia Stick out tongue haha!

Well how about if I distribute colour palettes on 28th December (give people a bit more time to sign up and get Christmas out of the way) and if we set the reveal for 25th January? That will give up a month to get colours we need and make something beautiful. How does that sound for everyone?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Sounds good to me!  Sure- rub it in that you're running around in shorts and enjoying summer while the rest of us us are bloody freezing to death!  PPPPBBBBTTTTHHH!Crying

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 11:52 AM

Sounds okay to me too.

Thanks for organizing this.

Should be fun.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 2:41 PM

Okay, sounds good to me.  I'm inBig Smile

~Grace~

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 2:47 PM

Okay, I can't resist!  I don't care what my schedule looks like.  I'm inBig Smile

~Grace~

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,484
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Emma, I am almost always up for a challenge.........they really stretch ones brain. I am in for it. Donna

Page 1 of 6 (88 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS