looking to create custom glass beads - HELP!

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Chelsea3349 wrote
on Nov 4, 2013 9:42 AM

Hi everyone! I am looking to create custom glass beads from some designs I've created, but after quite a search & many emails, I am striking out. I am looking to create geometric shaped glass beads in different colors (not lampwork beads). I have searched endlessly for specific colors that I want, but I can't seem to find what I need. Any suggestions as to who may be able to help create custom beads would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 4, 2013 1:19 PM

find a local glass artist and go to them........there is hard glass and soft glass and the colors can change when heated, so you'll need to show drawings and colors. hopefully you will find what you want. if you are looking at all sorts of glass, I cannot imagine why you are not finding the color you want.  DMZ

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
shanks wrote
on Nov 4, 2013 4:47 PM

Here is a web site that has a color chart of basic Czech glass.  On the left side see colours and click on that.

http://www.springl.cz/default.asp?lang=en  If you don't need the colors right away I may be able to help you locate a rod of the color you are looking for.

Here is another site that has a detailed color chart     http://www.glass-beads.cz/?p=color-chart  click on the English flag and then open catalog. All the colors are by number.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
shanks wrote
on Nov 8, 2013 1:31 AM

If you are still interested I can tell you where you can get your beads made.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Chelsea3349 wrote
on Nov 8, 2013 9:58 AM
Hi there! Thanks so much for your help & links. I saw a lot of great colors that are similar to what I want, an opaque aqua, but can't seem to find the shape I need, which is a triangle shape. Any information about where I can have the beads made would be wonderful & very much appreciated. Thank you very much!
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
shanks wrote
on Nov 8, 2013 11:04 AM

I sent you an email for a contact. Hope it works out for you.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS