Just venting over an internet order.

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Oct 28, 2013 8:57 PM

I'm so angry right now I could just scream. Last week I order from 2 diff. companies online. Within a couple days I had my order from Fire Mtn. It was a large mixed up order, but everything was rec'd and it's fine (it was quick, too). On the other hand the other company (gonna' call them company B for now), I ordered several things from, as the price was better and I still didn't have to pay shipping. Until the matter is settled I won't name that company, they still have a day or two to make good on THEIR screw up.

I don't live on emails. I do answer my telephones though. Still nothing from them today, so I get online to see if maybe it ended up backordered or something. It's canceled! But there is a charge to my account. So I go looking in the emails, and sure enough, there were letters from them that my ship address didn't match my billing address, anad they say they tried to call me and email me and I didn't reply. Trued, like I said, I don't live for emails. but, in my own defense, the PO has changed our address 3 times in the past 2 years. What I did not know was that my bank has somehow ended up with the original address back on my file. Regardless of all that crap, I ordered from company B a year using the exact same billing and ship address that I used this time, and got my order with no problems. So what gives?? I've sent off 3 emails to them about it, as I couldn't calm myself down enough to think of everything at one time. In my canceled order on their site, every box is marked to 'reorder' but it's all back to regular prices now. I unchecked every box as I will NOT reorder at full price. I didn't mark them to re-order. they were all pre-filled. (Is that a word?)

Perhaps I'm over reacting, but in my 3rd email I did tell them if they didn't honor the original order, I wouldn't order from them anymore. What I did not state in the email is that depending on whether or not they resolve this issue to my satisfaction, I will also no longer call them company B. I'll call them by their actual name.

Sometimes it feel good to bee-eye-itch.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,827
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 29, 2013 2:49 AM

Oh dear, TC,

I'm so sorry this happened.  I've had troubles of my own over the past week, though not with any of my bead businesses...at least, so far.  I agree, FMG is awesome in every way about getting my orders correct and getting them to me in record time, for a fabuloso shipping price.  And they're all the way out in OR, while I'm on the other end of the map here in upstate NY.  As far as wholesalers go, they rock.  Any snafus I might have with my inventory are always taken care of in a [professional, friendly manner. The CS reps are all wonderful.

I've started to get picky over the last year or so with who I do business with online.  There's pretty much only three businesses online I maintain relationships with now, and that is because they have treated me well, and they are: FMG, Lima Beads and Beadaholique.  I do about 85% of my business with FMG and Lima.  Kevin Sly is a dear, and his staff are terrific.  When I need good quality findings, especially 49-strand beading wire, at a decent price, I give my good friend Denise Bush a call down in Occoquan, VA, who owns Off the Beading Path.  Her store is like a bag of chips to me- I can't leave with just one thing!  Last time I was there I melted my Visa down!  Her stuff might be a bit more than some places, but it's an LBS, and that means superior quality and variety to me.  Plus,she has great deals on czech glass.

I really hope your order gets straightened out quickly, and to your satisfaction.  If this company wants repeat traffic, they would be wise to settle things for you.  Yes, there are times you really do need to get things off your chest; you don't want to let them fester.  Hang in there.  You know, I don't keep track of my emails on an hourly basis, either.Confused  For one, I have several accounts.  If I were to do that, I'd never get any sleep and I'd have a psychotic break!  But I can hear my phone ring, and if they don't disguise themselves on my caller ID,  I might actually pick up.

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS