Breezeway Bangle (Beadwork Oct/Nov 2013 Issue) - Help!!

This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Dhenderson2 wrote
on Oct 14, 2013 8:05 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. 

Love the look of this bangle!

Four beading friends and I ordered supplies and got together yesterday to work on this project.  Engineer, teachers, accountant, and bead lovers and the pattern is still clear as mud.  Anyone else attempting this "intermediate" project?  Hints, tips, reading the pattern upside down??

I'll keep slugging my way through this - maybe today will bring a different point of view . . .

Donna H

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,484
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 14, 2013 2:02 PM

Donna, I only looked at that pattern briefly, but decided some time back that since I specialize in using size 11/o delicas I would not attempt patterns like that one that made me buy special beads.

That said, when I run into a pattern that I just don't get to work right, I photo copy it, and work with it flat on my work table. I usually cut the pictures off and tape them to my wall, then grab a ruler and work exactly one line at a time. Sometimes by forcing my attention to a very small part of the pattern, it worked. 

Also look on B.D. page near the top for the magazines and see if there is a correction for this pattern, or write to N. Starman and ask if the pattern was printed right.........sometimes an error can creep into a pattern in a magazine. An acquaintance of mine had a pattern printed and said she missed the same thing the magazine missed in the proof they sent her......it was printed with a goof in it and was very embarrassing to her.  Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Dhenderson2 wrote
on Oct 19, 2013 6:50 AM

Break it down - great idea.  Will try again now that I have set the project down for a bit

Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
overone45 wrote
on Oct 19, 2013 9:04 AM

Hi, I am having the same problem.  I completed what looks like a little circle Fig. 2..  I'm stuck at Fig. 3.  Is there a video on how to make this bracelet?  So frustrated.

I will try again today & be more patient with myself.

Sue K.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126
ScottishSue wrote
on Oct 20, 2013 11:01 AM

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false

I think the most important words in this pattern are “Rotate the work in your hands as needed so it is properly oriented to match the following figures.”  In this pattern, the figures are the MOST important. In this case, the figures don’t appear to have any mistakes.  Because the figures are so important, I would blow up all the figures and make sure I can see the various colors of threads well (purple, green, blue, red).

(NOTE:  If I were to mainly follow the words instead, I would retype the entire pattern adding the name of the bead type behind the letter (A= seed bead, B= square, etc.)  

In Figure 4, realize that the green thread that “appears” to stop at the top of the figure actually continues UP from the bottom of that figure.

In Figure 5, realize that the red thread that “appears” to stop at the bottom of the figure actually continues DOWN from the top of that figure.

In Figure 6, realize that the red thread that “appears” to stop at the bottom of the figure actually continues DOWN from the top of that figure.

Figure 6 shows the very last stitch 4 on the left and the very first stitch 2 on the right.

I found one error:  the title “Stitches 6 – 51” on page 52 should be corrected to Stitches 6-50. (Repeating Stitches 4 and 5 twenty-two times covers 6 through 49 and the final repeat of Stitch 4 makes it 50) 

If you are following the words instead of the diagrams, I found the following sentences confusing:

In stitch 3 it says “. . . then weave through the beads to exit up through the right hole of the 1C added in this stitch.”  I would replace that with: “Repeat the thread path of this stitch but just until you go down through the 1C (BRICK) added in this stitch.  Then turn and go UP through the right hole of that same 1C (BRICK).”

In stitch 4 it says “Weave through beads to exit down through the right hole of the 1B added in this stitch.”  I would replace that with:  “Repeat the thread path of this stitch but just until you go up through the 1B (SQUARE) added in this stitch.  Then turn and go DOWN through the right hole of that same 1B (SQUARE).”

In stitch 5 it says “ . . . then weave through beads to exit up through the right hole of the 1C added in this stitch.”  I would replace that with “Repeat the thread path of this stitch but just until you go down through the 1C (BRICK) added in this stitch.  Then turn and go UP through the right hole of that same 1C BRICK.”

Hope that helps, 

Scottish Sue

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126
ScottishSue wrote
on Oct 20, 2013 11:12 AM

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false

Hi Sue K.:

Perhaps this will also help:

Take Figure 2 and turn it into the much lighter part of Figure 3 by pushing the BRICK and the SQUARE closer together and by turning the lentils so you can see them face on with their holes showing.  The middle lentil on the top and the middle lentil on the bottom have also been rotated to the left so their unused holes are to the left and out of the way.

Then start at the top of the square and begin adding the new beads (shown darker than the old work) and weave into the old work whenever directed.

ScottishSue

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Dhenderson2 wrote
on Oct 23, 2013 7:24 AM

"Because the figures are so important, I would blow up all the figures and make sure I can see the various colors of threads well (purple, green, blue, red)."

Trying this today - I sent the word recommendations to the reader of the group - thanks Scottish Sue! 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126
ScottishSue wrote
on Oct 23, 2013 10:47 AM

You're welcome.

ScottishSue

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Joanne73 wrote
on Nov 2, 2013 7:46 PM

There's an error in step 3..I've figured it out, but don't know if its correct etiquette to re-write the step 3 on the forum. I will say, the diagram is correct, the worded directions are very confusing and misleading.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
rzx2 wrote
on Nov 3, 2013 7:14 AM

I also purchased this kit and cannot get beyond fig 3. I am now on my 5th day of trying. Please help!!!

rzx2

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 3, 2013 10:11 AM

I would suggest you contact the designer, or the site that sold you the kit. They will be the first ones I would contact about a glitch in the design. Or if there is not a problem with the design, they should be able to walk you though the step. Good Luck 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
SallyH@25 wrote
on Nov 7, 2013 8:59 PM

Would you please share how you figured step 3 out.  I'm still frustrated with it.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
rzx2 wrote
on Nov 9, 2013 10:15 AM

Anyone get this yet? I am ready to return the kit or to see if I can make something else with the beads.

Not Ranked
Posts 17
MaryC@192 wrote
on Nov 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Interweave is selling this kit, shouldn't they print a correction if the instructions in the magazine are incorrect?   This is the first kit I ever purchased as I have always just followed the directions from the magazine directly for other projects and thought that I would buy a kit finally.     I like to escape from stress by beading up something pretty and now it looks like this project is an aggravating one which is disappointing.     I feel like the powers that be should know there is a problem via these posts but realistically I suppose they can't magically know what is written in each one.

I am still going to try to do this bracelet though and see if I can figure it out.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
rzx2 wrote
on Nov 11, 2013 2:04 PM

I sent an email to the designer for clarification. She will be making a video. If you would like me to forward the info she sent me send me a email at raya.zweifel@att.net and I will forward it to you.

Sorry but I do not know how to get it in this rely

Rzx2

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS