Have to sell all beading supplies....

This post has 10 Replies | 6 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
rrussoniello wrote
on Sep 21, 2013 1:55 PM

Hello all,

Unfortunately, my wife and I have to sell all of our beading supplies and wanted to know if anyone can help me out with the best locations on the web I would have the best luck. I would like to be able to sell most or all it in one shot rather than listing everything individually on auction sites.

We have thousands of Swarovski Crystals in different colors, shapes and sizes (mostly 6mm), genuine gemstones, sterling silver beads, gold beads, Bali beads, clasps, earring supplies, tools, hundreds of finished pieces and the list goes on.

I have never tried using internet venues to sell in this size or scope, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and guidance.

Richard R

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
shanks wrote
on Sep 21, 2013 4:11 PM

What is the total value you are looking at?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
EcoBeads wrote
on Dec 27, 2013 6:44 PM

If you have the time, try Etsy. I sell beads there and it's pretty easy.

Dennise

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sonyjacks wrote
on Feb 21, 2014 9:32 AM

is it still for sale?  where are you located?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
EcoBeads wrote
on Feb 21, 2014 10:07 AM

sonyjacks:

is it still for sale?  where are you located?

No, we've decided to keep the business and just sell on Etsy. Our last show was in Tucson this year. 

With all the beads we have, the wholesale/selling price would have been about $40K or more. 

So EcoBeads is selling out on Etsy. I've marked down a bunch of things and we're doing fine!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
rrussoniello wrote
on Feb 21, 2014 2:43 PM

Hi there,

Not sure who replied to that in response to you, but YES, I still have all my stock for sale. I am located in Fredericksburg, VA about halfway between Richmond, VA and Washington, DC. 

I have tons of items: Swarovski Crystal beads all different shapes and sizes from 1mm-15mm but mainly 6mm-8mm, various gemstones, Christian glass beads, silver beads and spacers, gold beads and spacers, and much more... I also have hundreds of pieces already made, mainly bracelets but also necklaces and earrings. Tools, supplies, colored mesh bags, containers, etc...

Feel free to email me or call me at 540-809-1123 if you are a serious buyer. I don't have an exact price figured out, but we can figure out if you would like to whole lot or just part and work something out.

Thanks for reaching out!

Richard

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 142
on Feb 21, 2014 4:38 PM

I was wondering about that myself. I looked up the etsy site mentioned and all they had were tagua nut beads.

miqui

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Feb 21, 2014 5:21 PM

rrussoniello:

Hello all,

Unfortunately, my wife and I have to sell all of our beading supplies and wanted to know if anyone can help me out with the best locations on the web I would have the best luck. I would like to be able to sell most or all it in one shot rather than listing everything individually on auction sites.

Richard R

I would be very interested to hear what people have to say on this topic.  I am 68, and I am still beading, but I have trouble with my hands, and I wonder when the time comes, how will I ever get rid of all these beads, and even some of the jewelry I have made. I am just a hobbyist, but I have lots.  So, let's get a good discussion going here!!Thanks, Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Feb 26, 2014 9:45 AM

A lot of people sell things on craigslist. I would think that you would be able to sell everything in one shot on there. Do any local beading stores do buy backs, probably not I'm sure. You could try just ebay too, and list it as a package deal, instead of everything separate. 

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Mar 5, 2014 12:20 AM

If you live in a town that has a Micheal's and/or Hobby Lobby then chances are there are a lot of "beaders" there. 

I would have a Bead Garage Sale.  Price everything separately.  In this way you will get a lot more than in one lot.  If anyone asks for one price, take their telephone number and offer to call them at the end of the sale.

You could have a bowl of 10 for each bead.  You would be amazed at how much money you can make and people think they are saving money because it's only 10 cents, but the 10 cents add up and they don't realize it.

I think you will be surprised at how much you can make this way.  You may decide to have two or three sales about a month apart.  If at the end you still have beads left, place it on Craigslist.

I have a 92 year old friend who thinks she may want to stop soon.  She has asked me to buy her beads.  When that day comes, we will both be thrilled to do the deal.  It will be good for both of us.  It doesn't get better than that.

Good Luck.

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 21, 2014 9:04 AM

I like the idea of a bead garage sale! I wish someone would have one around here!

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS