Swarovski color?

This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 12:22 PM

They have this color called peacock eye. Does anyone know what color this is? I'm not trusting the calibration of my monitor on this one.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 12:48 PM

TC,

I went directly to Swarovski's home site and, try as I might, couldn't find anything called peacock eye.  Where did you find it?  Is it a crystal or pearl?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 12:51 PM

It's in a catalogue and on their online store. do a search for peacock eye and it comes right up. Looks kind of yellow/gold? But then from another angle it has a greenish cast. I certainly do NOT want a green tinge in my desert colors. I guess I'll just go with golden shadow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 12:57 PM

in the rhinestone biz, peacock eye is a faboo combo of good strong medium blue and green. I suspect it is one of those special colors made by a second party. I just paged through both B&B and Beadwork and don't see the ads I thought should be in there. But there are plenty of "new" combos in Swarovski Elements.

Glad to see you found it. Good sleuthing. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 235
KathyK1999 wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 3:40 PM

Peacock eye is a third-party coating.  Fire Mountain has it on rivolis and pendants.  Looks like spots of blue and green on a copper background.  I've seen it advertised by other vendors too.

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 4:15 PM

Thanks muchly, KathyK - Certainly not going to add it to this order. Although it does sound like something I might like to use some other time.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 4:58 PM

KathyK1999:

Peacock eye is a third-party coating.  Fire Mountain has it on rivolis and pendants.  Looks like spots of blue and green on a copper background.  I've seen it advertised by other vendors too.

Kathy

Kathy, that is exactly what I was thinking of............and while it is attractive, I personally don't like it much. Those dots.......erm. The rhinestone peacock eye is a stone with one color in the center and depending on which way you look at it, you see the blue or the green or both. It is special to say the least. Thanks for the memory jog, it is hell being an old fart. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Sep 8, 2013 6:38 PM

I so much appreciate the descriptions! And I glad I asked. Some of the images look like a mud color. I can maybe use mud color! But I certainly do NOT want any flashes of blue and green for this piece. I'm working on a large ( maybe too large) brooch using the peaches, and pastel roses, greys and lavenders, that you would see in a desert. That's minus the sky........... So: Very light, very pale. I haven't decided yet what my single dark(er) color will be. Maybe mud! *LOL* I suppose to appreciate the color of a mud, it would depend on which part of the country you live in?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 9, 2013 1:02 AM

Guess I just didn't look hard enough.Sad  Oh, well.  I've used golden shadow for a few things.  It's very soft and quite pretty,like when the sun first rises.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  I know opinions vary.  Do you think khaki might work for your darker color or is that still too light?

Thanks to everybody else who knew where to look.  Sheesh, I go to Swarovski's home site and I can't find it.(shakes head)

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS