Need pattern reader app

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mark C. wrote
on Aug 22, 2013 10:31 PM

Help! My wife is an excellent beader, but she needs a little help. I am looking for an iPad app that will accept the input of any complex design and will also help the beader keep track of where they are in beading that design. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 255
Sharon Mc wrote
on Aug 26, 2013 3:34 AM

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, the only bead specific apps on the IPad involve magazines. Unless it is a PDF pattern there really is no way for your wife to read her pattern on this device (unless it is scanned or downloaded in some form as a picture). If you are talking about beadwork that involves charts for a picture such as peyote or loom you might consider an an art app such as 'Tracing Paper' for $3.99. You could scan the pattern as a .jpeg, import it into the app and she could use tools from the app to help her keep track of where she is. That particular app has a grid which would help with rows and columns, and she could use 'pens' to mark her place in the design very easily.  Or you might find another art app that meets your needs.

Sorry I couldn't be of any better help.

Sharon Mc

Not Ranked
Posts 1
arielart wrote
on Sep 11, 2013 8:56 PM

Hi, Mark, I pretty much do something similar to what Sharon does. I scan my patterns and save them as .pdf files (although I prefer to find or buy patterns that are in .pdf in the first place). Then I put them in my DropBox. From there I open them on my ipad DropBox app and select the option to subsequently open them with an ipad app called iAnnotate. This app allows me to mark off the rows as I go. I can also highlight and make notes on the .pdf.

SO much better, to me, than carrying around a magazine, book, or paper page that gets all wrinkly. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS