Owl bead embroidery-Work in Progress

This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jul 13, 2013 6:57 PM

Howdy folks!

It has been a long while since I've posted anything....been busing enjoying the nice summer weather.

This is the thing that has been keeping busy the last few months. I am finally starting to get the edging completed. Still not sure if I want to add fringe to the bottom or not...

She's all I have going for now. I have a few more owls and a raven to work on but I don't have plans to start anything new until she's done.

What do you guys think? Fringe or no fringe?

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Jul 13, 2013 8:43 PM

I certainly wouldn't want to take much away from your focals, however those feathers on the owl just cry out for some fringe, maybe not too long, but I'd be putting some blue and white fringe on it. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,955
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 14, 2013 11:48 AM

Glad you dropped in Christina,

It's always a pleasure to hear from you and to see your work.

ChristinaMarieH:

What do you guys think? Fringe or no fringe?

Maybe just a bit under the wings just leading into the stones below. Just seems to be alot of vacant space right in there.

Georgeous work as usual.

Thanks for sharing

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 249
beadinstyle wrote
on Jul 14, 2013 4:43 PM

He's beautiful. Me? I'd leave as is, cos I wouldn't like to lose him with too much happening.  But I tend towards simpler in the embroidery genre. You have much more expertise. Thanks for sharing,  great work.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 249
beadinstyle wrote
on Jul 14, 2013 4:43 PM

He's beautiful. Me? I'd leave as is, cos I wouldn't like to lose him with too much happening.  But I tend towards simpler in the embroidery genre. You have much more expertise. Thanks for sharing,  great work.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 225
KathyK1999 wrote
on Jul 14, 2013 7:44 PM

I think I would add some fringe, or maybe just a few silver feather charms?

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jul 14, 2013 8:33 PM

What a wonderful piece. Afraid I'm with Ruth, though. I'm also a keep-it-simple kinda' gal. Although I"d prefer it as is, I don't think you'd be ruining anything by adding fringes.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Jul 15, 2013 3:47 PM

Absolutely stunning piece! Although I like it without, I think it could also benefit from some short fringes, the would sort of give the impression of movement, or flight.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 547
CryssT wrote
on Jul 16, 2013 8:26 PM

The color are great - it is gorgeous.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 582
debbiela wrote
on Jul 18, 2013 6:47 PM

Stunning work !  She is gorgeous !  Must add fringe.  :) 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 142
Allison B wrote
on Jul 22, 2013 8:08 PM

Fringe definitly

Show me your fantasy, and ill bead you your world.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
VerdantEdge wrote
on Jul 23, 2013 9:34 AM

Its a lovely piece!  I like to keep the fringe decision until the very end - if its a necklace, I'd wait until I'd finished the neck strap/strands to see what it needs at that point.  Sometimes fringe can look necessary before those elements are added but become too much once a piece is finished.

Also, have you considered the possibility of looped fringe for under the wings?  This might give the feeling of movement others are talking about without drawing too much attention away from your beautiful focal and cabs.

I look forward to seeing the finished version!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
HDChiky wrote
on Jul 23, 2013 9:39 AM

Hey Christina, my vote is FOR fringe... but I ride my own Harley, so you KNOW how I feel about fringe on things (especially leather)!!! The piece is beautiful, I love it!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jul 24, 2013 11:09 AM

Even though I'd already posted on this thread, I love coming back to look again and again. I get such a feeling of magic, it's wonderful. This beautiful owl flying over the moon.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS