Hello from new beader in Copenhagen,Denmark

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 14
MeaganK wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 9:06 AM

Hello, I'm an American ex-pat living in Denmark. I'm 38 years old, married to a Dane and mother to a wonderful 18 month old son. I literally just began beading last week! I had been looking for something to do with my time-I'm a part-time student and I get summers and holidays free. I missed being creative-my creativity literally stopped once I moved here due to not know how to get things, not knowing anyone, having not much money,etc. I tried knitting,but I think I need a class to better understand it past making scarves ;). I used to play music,but that's been on hold. Then, I stumbled upon bead weaving and I fell in love! It's relatively inexpensive and relatively easy. It will also help me on my patience and concentration,I guess ;). My son is in daycare for 6 hours a day-long enough for me to exercise,clean and get some beading done.
Any tips,advice, hints, or other, I would love to hear it!

I do have a question,which I think I'll also post separately,but I'll mention it here. I'm currently attempting to make my mother in-law a herringbone bracelet for her birthday for Saturday. I am using larger seed beads-the holes are bigger than normal as well. I'm also using these pretty kind of diamond-y beads-not sure what they're all called as there was no label for them at the store-there are the kind sold at 10 pieces in a little baggy-kind of expensive. I started to use my nylon  string which is .006 inches-I guess,but it was too difficult,so I switched to a regular white knitting string as it's all I had around. Am I completely going to regret using this string? Is it going to fall apart the first time she wears it? Advice please! Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 10:43 AM

Hi MeganK

I replied to your other post about your project. So, I won't reply to that here.

But I will say once again... Welcome to the forums.

You're going to have a really fun journey learning to bead. There are all sorts of wonderful techniques, stitches, materials etc. We look forward to sharing that journey with you.

Drop in often and chat we love hearing from new voices. And if you have any questions just sing out. There is usually someone around that is willing to lend a hand.

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS