Spam

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 559
shanks wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 3:00 PM

I don't know how many of you have noticed, but there sure have been a bunch of new creative Spammers.

I would like to thank the great job the moderators have been doing to limit these people to just a couple of days.Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 7:57 PM

Shanks,

Thanks for the nice compliment to us moderators.

That said, I want to give my thanks to those that alert us to these spammers it really makes it easier to go right to them, and send them on their way. Without you guys help it would maybe mean a delay in booting them off. I have limited time right now, and if I can come online and know exactly where the spammers have posted, I can head right to them and get the spam deleted. So to all of you, A BIG THANK YOU.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 7, 2013 6:04 PM

Sue (& Mary!):

Well, we certainly appreciate you taking on such a dreary task for us.  It's so nice to come to our site and see that junk wiped out so quickly.  I have to say, BD is one of the most enjoyable forums to be on for that very reason.  Thank you two so much for everything!!Right HugGift

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 4:55 PM

I am sure that Mary would echo my words when I say, it is my pleasure to boot these spammers off.

I have been a member here since the very begining when there was only a few members and no spam. Being what it is, I can not change what has happened to BD, I can only do my best to make it a better place to come and enjoy others that share with my love of beading and promoting the craft.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jul 9, 2013 9:03 PM

Thanks, Sue & Mary!  Beading Daily is much improved through your efforts.  Have noted that BD members are ignoring the spammers (not posting replies); resisting that temptation (I've been tempted to 'scold' them) should make your job easier.  "The more things change, the more they stay the same" (?); may be in time, this site will be restored; take heart, your efforts have made a different for the better.  ~ Ottercat

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS