Help please

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 16, 2013 11:55 AM

Can any one help me find raw wood beads 43x14mm olive shape. This a project for a friend and I have looked every where on the internet. I have asked the author of the pattern but no help

I am English and live in Spain but having them posted is not a problem.

I have just retired from nursing and have found beading. How it has revolutionised my life. Fantastic!

Thanks

Pam 

(PS This is my first attempt at a message)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jun 17, 2013 6:57 AM

I don't have the answer to your question. However you may get more responses to your question if you were to post it under the forum entitled " Where can I find". I hope this helps you find what your are looking for.  

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 642
shanks wrote
on Jun 17, 2013 11:54 AM

You might contact these people  http://www.rosarymarket.com  They may be able to help you.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Jun 17, 2013 7:27 PM

Hi! Welcome to Beading Daily! Beading is fun, isn't it?

I did find some flat beads in exactly the size you need at Fire Mountain Gems, but it sounds like you are looking for a more rounded shape. If you glue a few together, would that work for the pattern you have? Here is the LINK to the ones I found, anyway.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Jamie Keon wrote
on Oct 26, 2013 3:35 PM

this is my first attempt as well. I personally  have run into a few problems as well with wood beads and my personal solution is to make them out of  clay.  you can  make any size in any color and even roll over some grainy coarse wood for texture.  you could even put a wah of color and wrote off so the color stays in the drain you created.  spirit beads are the only other real wood beads that i like, and that is an  adventure day to gather and then poke the other end to create the bead thehole in the other end.  first you have to find the juniper trees!  With the clay you have endless sizes,  colors,  and options for interior diameter. that has been my solution one or two  times. I worked in paint dept for many years and have had to come up with many solutions to difficult problems. I wish you luck in your search! Jamie

you  can basically do this with any shape or size you can't find,  just use the sculpey,etc, clays and make the  shapes you want

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 27, 2013 5:22 PM

JAMIE,

it is not a good idea to post your e-mail address her. With thousands of members you may be setting yourself for a lot of spam and other bad things that can come to your computer though e-mail. Therefore I have deleted your e-mail address.

Anyone that cares to contact you, may do so though this site. They don't see your address unless you respond to them after they had e-mailed you. Be safe don't ever share your e=mail publicly here, we get a lot of spam on this site, and I would hate for you to start getting it in your personal mailbox. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS