August Challenge 2013

This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 161
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Jun 14, 2013 5:13 PM

My beads came in yesterday!  I almost have everything I need for the challenge :D

Oh, and I'm not saying anything more about the dessert pieces I'll be working on.  Not until AugustWink

~Grace~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 17, 2013 4:26 PM

Only 14 more days left before the official start of our August Dessert Challenge.

If you haven't yet decided to play along now's the time. So, you can make sure you have all your supplies and still have time to complete the challenge by August 1, 2013.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jun 18, 2013 5:23 AM

SEllen, when is the best time to submit our entry? Anna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 18, 2013 12:17 PM

anna-slovitsky:

SEllen, when is the best time to submit our entry? Anna

Anna - If you mean letting us know you want to play along you just did. If you mean a completed project...Our piece(s) should be completed by August 1st. That's when I will post a Reveal thread in the Reader Showcase and each of us will post a picture(s) of our piece(s).

We Have from July 1st through the 31st to work on & complete the challenge. I try to give everyone enough time to consider if they want to play along and gather any neccessary supplies before the challenge actually begins. That's what the 13 days remaining are. Time to decide and gather your materials. Then on July 1st everyone is ready to begin.

I hope you are planning on playing along with us. We had alot of fun with the last one.

If you have anymore questions or if I didn't answere the one you were asking just sing out and I'll try again.

TTYL

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 22, 2013 1:15 PM

Only 7 more days left until the official start of our Dessert Challlenge.

If you haven't decided to play along yet now's the time...so you can get any needed supplies.

Get your beads lined up and your beading needles ready because on July 1st we'll be off and running.

Can't wait.Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 161
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Jun 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Okay, I now have everything I need.

Before the challenge starts I'm going to make a 4th of July necklace/earring set and also a few tubular peyote stitch bracelets for an upcoming community sale.

Well I better get started!

~Grace~

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 26, 2013 4:15 PM

Grace,

Glad to hear that you got your beads. It sounds as if you're going to busy the next few days. I hope you're planning on showing us what you make for the 4th. You know how we like to oooohh!&aaaahhh!

Just another reminder only 4 more days until we start the Dessert Challenge on July 1st.

TTYL

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 161
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Jun 26, 2013 5:26 PM

I made the 4th of July necklace now I need to finish the earrings.  I'll have to borrow my sister's camera but I'll post pics either today or tomorrow.

I'm glad that's almost off the bead list, then it's onto the bracelets.

Can't wait to start the challenge!

~Grace~

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,539
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 26, 2013 6:57 PM

SEllen 2:

Just another reminder only 4 more days until we start the Dessert Challenge on July 1st.

TTYL

HOLY MACKEREL.........  time sure flies when you are retired and don't look at a calendar regularly...........good thing I am ready and have beads, now I just have to put everything else away. I have had my project picked out since the challenge was announced, now watch I'll decide to change my mind with a couple of days left. I am still dreaming and drooling about the cherry coconut pie that Sue mentioned........... makes me want to pull just a few (ha!) red and white beads..................... Donna, laughing

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Just 2 days left.

We officially start our Dessert Challenge on Monday, July 1st.

Get your beads and thinking caps on. 'Cause if you're like me you'll need a back up plan or 2 or 3.*L*

Can't wait.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,539
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 30, 2013 5:25 PM

I am soooo ready. My desk is as clear as it has been this year, peripheral areas have also been gone through and cleared. I am even going to spritz the desk with Windex multi surface (maybe I'll have time to wax it (naaaah)......and I have washed up my bead mats, and my weekend out of town visitors are gone............LOL. We had two guests who brought their two dogs with them, and added to our two and our puppy believe me it was chaos for hours, they all have lots of energy to burn (ages are 6 months, two years, almost two years, 5 years and 8 years) and they did. Plumb wore me out just watching and monitoring to make sure everyone minded their manners.

I had to do something to wait for the official start..... I have one last project on the desk, but I am getting out one of my pencil boxes to hold it until the end of the Challenge (my official UFO drawer is about full). 

I LOVE A CHALLENGE............. (can you tell?) Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2013 9:58 AM

It's here, it's here!!!

Start your beading...Today is the official start day of the August Dessert Challenge.Cake

Remember you have until August 1st to have your pieces completed. That's when I will put up a reveal thread in the Reader Showcase so we can all have a good oooohhh & aaaahhh! over what we all accomplished.

This challenge is not only to get our creative juices going but also to get some chatter here on the forums. So, let us know how things are going for you along the way. That only hightens our anticipation for the finished pieces.

Have fun everyone and I will look forward to hearing how things are progressing along the way. And need I say I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jul 2, 2013 1:47 AM

Sellen:  Is it too late to join in?  Have a pattern (my own original; dessert inspired), materials, and time.  ~ Ottercat

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 2, 2013 9:22 AM

ottercat:
Sellen:  Is it too late to join in? 

It's never too late. We'd be thrilled for you to play along.

Welcome aboard & I can't wait to see what you come up with.

TTYL

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 9:12 AM

Thanks!  I'm working on it Big Smile.  ~ Ottercat

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 4 (49 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS