hello from iowa

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
chris_h483 wrote
on May 8, 2013 4:38 AM

years and years ago i got an interest in bead working after buying some assorted Indian glass beads,  the little turquoise ones and no two are alike in shape,   anyway this is just a few ive found in the basement here.  then i had this really cheep loom    and made a few hat bands and some odds and ends stuff,  wouldent mind starting up again using a better loom or beading tools.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 8, 2013 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forums You said you wouldn't mind starting up again. So, what's holding you back? Use what you have until you can afford better. Then buy better. There is lots of inforamtion to be had here from basic tools, supplies and basic instrutions and free patterns. Just look around and if you can't find what you're looking for just sing out. There is always someone willing to give a hand and share their experience. I hope you will drop in often and chat. see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on May 8, 2013 2:05 PM

Much better starter kit than I had in the beginning. It was in the 60's. I used my mothers needles and thread, which wouldn't even fit through a lot of the super duper cheapy beads that 10 year old kids can afford........... And you could only buy them in mixed colors. I had tons of rings, all the same colors! I can't even imagine where I even learned what to do with them. But now I know I was using right angle weave, and peyote stitches. Which is funny, as the right angle really threw me for a loop when I started beading again. I guess when we're young, nothing tells us "Stop and find out what the he11 you're doing, first"

Not Ranked
Posts 2
chris_h483 wrote
on May 8, 2013 5:31 PM

at some point here ill look online for some current  equipment & tools,  maby making bead work alittle easier and more fun,  im not very creative when it comes to making this from an idea

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS