Hello from Dover, TN

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
momma9 wrote
on May 7, 2013 10:52 AM

Hello,

Though I am not really new here, I have not been active for awhile.

Jewelry has always been a love of mine, the bigger the earring the better. About 17 years ago I was introduced to jewelry making and I fell in love!

Recently I decided to pursue increasing the sales of my creations. In the past I have sold my jewelry, but in the more recent years my jewelry has been given as gifts.

Our town is having an annual festival in a few weeks. This will be my first year as a vendor and I am so excited!

See y'all in the forums!

Peace and love,

Diane

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,964
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Welcome back to the forums

Good Luck with your festival. I hope you make great sales. I hope you will let us know how the show goes.

I always loved doing shows. I loved meeting all the other vendors and getting the personal feed back from the people looking, and hopefully, buying my creations.

Remember to have fun with your beads & at your shows

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 12
johnmark86 wrote
on May 17, 2013 6:23 AM

Welcome to this forum.

Congrats! That’s such an honor.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on May 17, 2013 10:22 PM

Hi Diane!

I was actually born in Memphis, though we moved to Virginia Beach shortly after I was born, so I have a Virginia accent.  Where is Dover in relation to Nashville, Knoxville or Memphis?  I ask because I'm coming to Tennessee next month and will be in those areas.  We have plans to go to the Grand Ol' Opry, Graceland and also the Memphis Naval Base while there, and I'm hoping you can hook me up with any good LBS's you might frequent. 

Good luck with your shows.  I'm very excited to be coming back to my home state after all these years!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
momma9 wrote
on May 18, 2013 7:47 PM

Hello Valbeads,

Dover is located by LBL (Land Between the Lakes) and down the road from Clarksville, TN. Clarksville is also home to Fort Campbell, KY.

Dover is about 1 1/2 hours northwest of  Nashville and one can get to Memphis in about 3 hours. Occasionally we go to Nashville, but I haven't been to Memphis in years. Most of our work is in Clarksville and that is plenty of city for me.

Clarksville no longer has an LBS. There is an awesome place in Nashville called The Beaded Bungalow. There are several other LBS in Nashville search for bead stores, but I have only been to The Beaded Bungalow. I am not including a link in this reply as I am fuzzy on the rules.

Today was day 1 of the 2 day festival. The rain held off, the crowd was steady and I made a few sales. My honey hung with me which always makes for a great day.

Peace and love,

Diane

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on May 20, 2013 2:47 AM

Hey Diane,

Yay!  Good on you!  Hope the weather improved.  It still sucks here.  Time to come home.  I may be stuck living among 'em, but at least I'm no damn Yankee!(lol)  Can't wait to see my home state for the first time in, well......we won't go there, 'cos it'd not polite to ask a lady her age.(g)

I surely do thank you for the 411 on the LBS in Nashville.  Hopefully, I'll be able to scare it up online.  LOL, every time I hear Clarksville I think of that old Monkees song.  I'd kinda like to go there, too.  I don't mind visiting cities and such, mind, but I do NOT like city living.  I'm just a country mouse at heart.  I may have been born in TN, but my accent's all Virginia!  My best girl friend, though, she's from Louisiana.  She lives in Monroe, which is near Shreveport, kinda smack dab in the middle of the state.  We were just laughing over our common "Southernisms" the other night.

Thanks again for the info!

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS