Goo on stones

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on May 5, 2013 5:27 PM

I picked up some pretty (and dyed) stones. The person running the shop put sticker prices on them. I can't get all the sticker goo off. Any suggestions? They're so pretty, I don't want to lose the color, and I don't want to just throw them away.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,495
D.M.Z wrote
on May 5, 2013 7:04 PM

TC, cabs? if so try these on the back first to make sure the color isn't removed............ oil (like olive or vegetable), alcohol, non-acetone nail polish remover, orange cleaner. The obvious goo gone, and then into the shop type things like lacquer thinner.......... Use a cotton swab to keep the area just to the spot where the sticker was. Hope the oil works.........Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 933
on May 6, 2013 8:53 AM

There is a product on the market, perfect, for removing tape residue, even on lacquer finished furniture. It is called "Ooops". I would suggest testing on one but I am sure this is the product for you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on May 6, 2013 12:21 PM

Just use a soft bristle brush (make sure it's soft!) & a good glass cleaner.  Seems to work for me!

Regards

Emma

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on May 6, 2013 10:05 PM

It's off. I spent the rest of the nite rubbing it off with my fingers. My fingers were gummy and sore. But they were easier to clean then the stones. There was a little more involved then that, but they're done. Thanks all for the input, though. I don't think my thumbs could survive doing it ever again.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 20, 2013 4:51 AM

Use some good glass cleaner and a soft rag, a soft brush is ok too. It's hurt to use your fingers.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS