Crimp Covers in colour?

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on May 3, 2013 10:49 AM

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can buy crimp covers in other colours - ie: not just silver, copper, gold and other metals - I'm wondering if they come in actual colours, like blue/red/white etc?

The reason for this is that I don't just use them for finishing and ends - I sometimes like to crimp beads into place with decorative or coloured beading wire showing in the spaces between beads, and it annoys me that I have to use silver or other boring covers on my crimps.

You can get metal jump rings in all colours, so I'm wondering why crimp covers don't seem to change other than basic metal colours?

If these don't exist - which I expect they don't - i think they should... or is it just me?

Thanks

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on May 3, 2013 11:59 AM

There are plenty of coloring agents for metal...... I'd guess that if you want colored covers you will have to paint them yourself. It IS a great idea I think. Take a look at B'Sue Boutiques, she had any number of UTube videos on different paints and stains for metal and how they go on and what they look like after. She sells the better ones on her site. She sponsors a creative group that does amazing things with those paints also. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 4, 2013 12:43 PM

I just found some crimps not covers that were in different shapes. Flower, leaves, etc. They do have a loop  on the end but you could just snip them off and use them.

They were at FMG I was looking up terminators.

Don't know if you'd be interested in something like that. But when I saw them I remembered this thread so, I though I'd just pass it along.

Have a good weekend.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS