size #12 beading needles that don't bend so easily

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on May 1, 2013 10:12 PM

Size 12 beading needles work nicely for me for most of my seed beading needs (they can make multiple passes through seed beads that size 10 can't) but most of mine bend so, so easily and can only be reshaped so much. Any recommended brands?

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 529
shanks wrote
on May 2, 2013 11:09 AM

Find the cheapest ones you can, they will not bend easily, break maybe but not bend.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,461
D.M.Z wrote
on May 2, 2013 12:23 PM

shanks has good advice and I have found that to be true too, but now I only use John James needles as a rule and have recently tried some of the pricier Tulip needles. I bought three tubes of Tulips (11's) and handed one needle each to some of my most bead intensive pals.......we all used them and abused them and found them pretty darn great considering they cost more. I really only use 10, 11 and 12 needles as they work for what I do best. We compared notes after months and all of us mentioned the fact that the needles were still pretty much straight. Of course it depends on just how hard you are on needles as to your personal experience. Donna

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,252
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 2, 2013 12:26 PM

Have you tried the Tulip needles yet? They are very nice and I find, I can use one needle for a very long time without bending or breaking it. I have done at least 6 projects with the same needle, and it still is not bent. They are a little costly at $4.99 for ( I think) 4 or 5 needles, but well worth the extra expense when you don't have to throw them away after or during ever project.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on May 2, 2013 10:43 PM

Thanks all! I usually use either the John James or the cheap size 12s from FMG. Shall have to try the Tulips.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 5, 2013 10:35 PM

I like the John James for the thinner needles. I buy mostly "Pony"brand, They all rust after I use them.(I use an emery board to smooth them out before I use them again. My hands are always warm, The needles dont last long.

I will have to try Tulip, never heard of them.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 546
CryssT wrote
on May 6, 2013 1:15 AM

I've been using Tulips for about a year now and really enjoy beading with them.

They come in little tubes with corks on the top.  I put the tubes in an Altoids tin - easier to keep track of.

~cryssT

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS