I saw this beautiful vintage slide clasp on ebay

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 29, 2013 9:52 PM

I would never use it, but it's so great, I thought I'd share it. Not sure how to link to it, but this is the item description. The seller is pamtom96. and before anyone asks, I have no clue who it is, and have no financial interests in them. I just thought it could be awesome for someone that works in that style.

Vintage Filigree Bracelet Silver Tone Slide Lock Clasp EXC

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 30, 2013 2:01 AM

The top section with the little round button gizmo pulls upwards which unlocks it. The next section (second) down and the bottom (fourth) section are attached to one end of the bracelet and the third section down is attached to the opposite side of the bracelet. To operate the locking you pull the top portion up until it clears section three and then push it down. The prongs (which you can see in the photo) go down through all the sections and holds the bracelet on. If I owned this bracelet, I'd have a safety chain on the opening, and you can see that this clasp is a bit wonky. Nice bracelet though, filigree is either really nice or beat to death because they are so fragile. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 30, 2013 9:40 PM

Looking at it now, I see what I missed last night. On closer inspection, the filigree is NOT part of the clasp, I thought it was. Duh........... Note to self: No searching when over tired

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on May 1, 2013 1:29 AM

well TC, opening bid is like $10.........so a person who wanted a truly cool clasp could take the clasp and one section to each side and use that as a clasp and have a real wowser. The bracelet overall had some problems being bent up a bit, which only means it has been worn. The problems it has could be carefully re-bent back into shape. 

Yep, late night searches will to that to you. I try to do any searching early in the day.......LOL while my two brain cells are still functioning. Interesting, because I get some real productive beading done late at night when I guess I get my second brain storm going.  Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 28, 2013 4:14 AM

It's pretty.  I like the bracelet. Where did you find it?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
knock wrote
on May 30, 2013 9:39 AM

What a lovely bracelet! I am a beginner and would like to be able to manufacture something like that myself one day! So far, I have gained ideas from the cool art prints I found online. They show floral patterns, clothes or just some funny structures I might be able to bead myself one day. Specifically, I'd love to make pictures with these Nerd Owls which I found on a poster. Really sweet for kids. Smile

I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS