Mothers Peacock I true story about my love of bead tapestry work and a dedication to my late mom

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
FLADOGLOVER wrote
on Apr 19, 2013 12:49 PM

HI EVERYONE 

MY NAME IS ROBIN I WANTED TO TELL YOU ALL MY STORY AND AN AMAZING BEADED TAPESTRY THAT TOOK ME ON THIS AMAZING JOURNEY

I HAD RECENTLY LOST MY MOM WHO WAS A VERY SPECIAL WOMAN IN MY LIFE AND THIS STORY CAME FROM THE WONDERFUL SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WE SHARED AND I JUST NEEDED TO TAKE MY PASSION OF WORKING ON LOOMS AND FIND A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO CREATE THIS DEDICATION TO HER OUT OF DELICA BEADS

THIS IS MOTHERS PEACOCK A BEADED TAPESTRY USING OVER 23,550 DELICA 11-0 BEADS AND TOOK ME OVER 10 MONTHS TO COMPLETE

I MADE A PROMISE TO MYSELF THAT ON MOM FIRST BIRTHDAY WITHOUT HER WITH US ID HAVE THIS AMAZING PIECE  COMPLETED SO IT COULD BE HUNG IN HER HONOR

THE BEAUTY OF THIS BEAUTIFUL CROSS STITCH PATTERN DESIGNED BY JOAN ELLIOT JUST CAUGHT MY EYE AND I JUST KNEW ITS BEAUTY WAS PERFECT I COULD CONVERT ALL THE DMC COLORS OVER TO DELICA'S AND WOW THATS ALL I KNEW THIS WAS IT ....

ITS BEAUTY REMINDED ME OF HER INNER AND OUTER BEAUTY AND I STARTED ON A CRUISE SHIP WHEN HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE FROM THAT POINT ON STOOD THEN IN ORE AND WANTED TO KNOW WHO WAS THIS LADY BEADING THIS BEAUTIFUL PEACOCK IN HONOR OF HER LATE MOM

SINCE THAT CRUISE PANERA BREADS HAS ALLOWED ME TO CONTINUE ON MY BEADING JOURNEY AND WORK IN THEIR CAFES

SINCE THEN IVE BEEN IN A MAJOR LOCAL PAPER, A HUGE BEADING MAGAZINE AND NOW MY STORY WILL BE IN THE DECEMBER ISSUE OF BEAD & BUTTON MAGAZINE ITS BEEN UNBELIEVABLE

I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU ON YOUTUBE TYPE IN BEADED TAPESTRY IM IN THE BLUE SHIRT TAP ON IT TO WATCH A PEACOCK IN THE MAKING ON MY LOOM AND THE ONE IM CURRENTLY WORKING ON NOW USING 80 COLORS IS THE TIFFANY WINDOWS  CALLED THE WOODEN LANDSCAPE 

THE GREAT NEWS IS I JUST GOT TOLD THAT A NEW MUSEUM IN PALM BEACH FL WANTS TO SHOW MY WORK

SO IM HAPPY TO BE APART OF THIS COMMUNITY AND PLEASE ENJOY MY VIDEOS

ROBIN ROSENBERG EISENBERG

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
momma9 wrote
on May 7, 2013 10:40 AM

Hello,

The above post does not have a link to the video, so I did a search on youtube. I am so glad that I took the time.

The peacock tapestry is awesome! Your work is beautiful. The tapestry is a lovely devotion to your mom.

Thank you for sharing!

Peace and love,

Diane

Not Ranked
Posts 12
tpatcheson wrote
on May 21, 2013 1:27 PM

Its amazing how your grief over your mom's death inspired you on this path and all the positive results it has brought. May you continue to grow in art & love!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS