RAW question

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 7:12 PM

Is Double right angle the same thing as Cubic right angle?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,262
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 6:57 AM

No, the cubic Right angle; CRAW  is done in the round to form a cylinder. Double right angle;  RAW is just that, a double row of right angle weave.I hope this helps.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 9:55 PM

Uhm.......... No. *LOL* But I'm determined to find a less confusing tut for Double, so I can work out the difference. Thanks though! Would have been WAY too easy if you'd have said "yes".

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 2:54 PM

tcwhit-

I found that when I did a search for Double Right Angle Weave I got 2 different responses. The first was for adding a second row of RAW stitch to a project and the second was for using the Double Needle technique for basic RAW. Which is a cross weaving technique.

I'm not sure which one it is you're trying to work out. So, here is a video for RAW with a single needle but 2 or more rows.

beadaholique.com/t-video-How-to-Do-a-Flat-Right-Angle-weave-Single-Needle.aspx  Not a hot link add the prefix. As for the Double Needle method I think that if you go to the resources tab at the top of the page. That BD has a printed tut for RAW with Double Needles. Or you could do an internet search for Double Needle Right Angle Weave you should get several hits.

I haven't done Cubic Right Angle Weave yet myself. But, I found this  BeadMavens video that has clear instructions for the basic stitch that I will be going back to when I get ready to give it a try. While the BeadMavens site is no longer active they have some great information still there. If you'd like to check out the video got to

beadmavens.blogspost.com/2011/09/cubic-right-angle-weave-video.tutorial.html  I did not make these live links because I didn't want it to go to moderation.

Good Luck and I hope you will show us what you're making.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 5:33 AM

Making a bunch of these, although I have to take all these apart and start over.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 20, 2013 7:25 PM

Has anyone worked with this C-RAW? No matter what I do, keep it tight, use different beads, use all the same beads, it still comes out squishy. I want them to be firm, end to end, to use as spacers. Perhaps I should use a different technique? Any suggestions?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,262
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 20, 2013 11:55 PM

if you are trying to create a tight little tube of beads, maybe the peyote done on the flat and then joined into a tube would have the end results you are looking for. 

I would use a tight tension and do a peyote stitch of however long you want the little beads (tubes) to be, and as soon as you have enough beads joined to itself, just zip it up. I use this method to make my own toggles. When you join the ends as soon as they reach, it makes it a stiffer tube, then if you added more rows.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Here is a link to the directions. http://inspirationalbeading.blogspot.com/2011/01/beading-tutorials-peyote-tube-beads.html these  directions may or may not be a little losers than the ones I use for toggles, or you may want, but it gives you a visual of the directions.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS