some advice needed

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
christina..p wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 4:50 PM

i will be setting up my own website soon selling my handmade jewellery but before i do am wanting to make sure i have a wide selection of products ready to sell. how much would people recemend for me to have for when i set up?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
shanks wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 8:53 PM

Hi Christina, and welcome.

I think I would check some other sites, but you need quite a few pieces.  Do a search on Etsy and other sites, using the key words you have in your site and see how many WEB pages come up selling what you are producing. This will give you a basic understanding as to how much inventory other people feel thy need to display.

Good luck

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 12, 2013 1:11 PM

I would start out with at least 5 or 6 of each item you are offering, maybe more.  Have a good variety, too - using different colorways, different themes, etc.

You can always add more and build up your stock.  Have a newsletter that people can sign up for when you add new things...  I've been wanting to start a newsletter for a while, but I'm not sure on the specifics of how to do that.  I'm sure someone else can chime in!

Really off topic but...  Shanks, I just looked at your button shop, and you have some beautiful items!!  I love the butterfly buttons!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
shanks wrote
on Apr 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Hi Amanda,

TY  Lots of fasteners there!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 27, 2013 4:53 AM

I think you need to have various jewelry for people to choose. So that people will visit your site again. Bracelets, necklace, ring, earring, pin, brooch, pendant etc are all needed.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
JanetWinslet wrote
on Jul 20, 2013 12:59 AM

I think you should do a research on sites related to selling handmade jewelry to have a basic understanding of how much invention other people display in their websites.And you need to offer various jewelry for people to choose.I hope these will help you.

Cooperate with nbeads affiliate ,earn high commission!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS