Very beginner at beading..

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Mariemay@2 wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 4:34 PM

Can someone recommend a book for a beginner (me) to learn how to bead? Thank you, mariemay

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,259
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 7:00 PM

Mariemay,

Before I can recommend a book, I need to know what type of beading you want to start with. Stringing, looming, or off loom beading, embroidery.  There are many different forms of beading, you need to give us a little more information. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Mariemay@2 wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 10:21 PM

Thank you, sue. Well, we could have our first problem.... I don't know! Maybe I should start with stringing. I don't know what looming or off loom beading are. I would like to start with something very simple. Whatever it is, I know that my four year old granddaughter will love it (as long as it is pink). Thank you for your help. Mariemay

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,259
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 9:28 AM

It sounds like maybe stringing should be your first venture into the beading world. There is a magazine that Interweave puts out called "Stringing" I believe it comes out  quarterly. You could simply Google "how to do a crimp" and find something on You tube that you could learn that process from. It is a pretty simple straight forward process. Looming is where you use a loom to create beaded jewelry, and off loom, is where you use a needle and some type of thread to create your pieces. 

Hope this information is what you are looking for.  

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
Summer152 wrote
on Apr 13, 2013 1:04 AM

Thanks for your information.SmileI want to make a bracelet to give my friend as birthday gift

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jul 6, 2013 9:00 PM

How did your bracelt venture go?  ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 29
crafty-grams wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 11:02 PM

I have found many useful designs on you tube.  has save me the money on buying books and great ideas and inspiration.  beadifulnights, beading4perfection, onthebeadedpath, just to name FEW.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
JanetWinslet wrote
on Jul 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Thank  you for your information,Sue.i just need it to make a simple bracelet.

Cooperate with nbeads affiliate ,earn high commission!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS