Combining Beading with Card Making?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 24
abby_p wrote
on Apr 4, 2013 9:15 AM

I've just started experimenting with combining beading with card design (my other passion). Is anyone else here doing this?

I hope that mentioning card making here won't have you saddling up a posse to run me out of beadtown. :)

Much love,

Abby x

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 525
on Apr 5, 2013 1:34 AM

Ooh! Another beader/cardmaker!

My two creative passions are paper crafting and beading. I have used stamps as templates and used beads to embellish them. I'm thinking about using some of my stamps to stamp patterns on fabric and then do bead embroidery. I haven't as of yet shared any of my beaded cards here. not quite sure why but this forum is beading daily, it doesn't designate that it has to be jewelry ;)

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Happy beading!

Shellie :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 24
abby_p wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 4:18 AM

I've been unsure whether to post any card/bead combos in the gallery in case a crowd formed and someone shouted "OMG that chick's used PAPER!. Burn her, she's a witch!" LOL :)

Maybe I will, now that you've replied. There's safety in numbers. Even if that number is 2.

Abby x

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 6:11 AM

Please, both of you, share your work.  It's beads after all's said and done, right?  There have been other non-jewelry pieces posted (beaded box, wedding portrait, others).  Most of my posted work isn't jewelry (except for the pins and earrings); maybe 'room' jewelry (wall hanging and table-top hanging).  Eye candy is eye candy, with beads.  Thanks for bringing this up.

Ottercat Coffee

04-05-13 (0410 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,964
SEllen 2 wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 11:15 AM

Abby & Shellie

Some use paper beads so why not attach beads to paper. Personally, if it's got beads I WANT to see it!

Never know when inspiration might show its self and cause a new trend to hit.

Don't be shy let us see them! Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS