Had an epiphany over sz 8 seeds

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 8:08 PM

Wanted to make little medallions. One pattern I had used called for 3mm pearls and I used them all up. Only had a few left. Hello?????? I used sz 8's! Turns out they're 3mm. Just thought I'd share that in case someone else needed to know it, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 9:30 PM

TC good info, only rarely do you see a pattern published where they give alternative beads and one of those is usually sub this for the pearls in the pattern kind of thing. Or sub 3mm bicone for a pearl. I think maybe the pattern designers know that there are people like me who just don't go out and buy pearls in the same way I buy other beads. 

I have one smallish drawer dedicated to pearls even though I like them, and of course almost 30 drawers with beads..........then there is the delica stash which is larger than all the others put together. Mhu wha ha ha.

Thanks again. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Apr 3, 2013 10:33 PM

Me too. I don't have every size in every rainbow of colors. I buy beads that call out to me. I don't use them straight away, its weird, sometimes, I'll see something in a dream and when i wake up the next day, that is what i want to make!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 4, 2013 12:20 AM

Blue.............. Wow, I seldom actively dream about bead projects, but when I do get a mental lightning strike, I have a couple of notebooks (like the kind used by school kids with several sections for different subjects) and I'll grab one and scribble and sketch. Sometimes I don't look at these for a while and I just found one the other day and I am totally inspired again about it and will think about starting it. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS