Really bright neon colored seed beads?

This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 1:29 PM

Any ideas where to find some really super neon colors?  I have been looking everywhere!

I need size 11 in any and all bright neon colors!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 2:01 PM

Can you use delica beads instead of size 11's? Miyuki is coming out with some new colors and from what I've seen they are ICL (inside color lined) clear and the color lining looks like bright neon-ish colors. Can't wait to see them in person, roll out supposedly this spring. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 2:06 PM

Oh that would be perfect!  I hadn't heard about the new colors!

Is there somewhere to see a picture online??  I would love to see them!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 4:11 PM

my local bead shop has them.  I imagine they must be available elsewhere?  they are so bright and neon they are blinding!  :)

Noel

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 4:13 PM

found this on ebay:

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 4:15 PM

oops. those are 8mm.  :(  sorry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 3, 2013 7:33 PM

Amanda, probably among the first to get the new colors will be Caravan Beads. They have a picture of the bead card with the new colors on it on their web site. http://www.caravanbeads.net/CartGenie/2013_new_cards/card_897.jpg They look pretty darn nice and I can't wait to get some. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 3:06 PM

Woah, those are bright all right!  Definitely what I was looking for!

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!!!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 9, 2013 12:24 AM

I just ran across this on the Miyuki site!

http://www.miyuki-beads.co.jp/english/seed/luminous.html

They look sooo pretty!!!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 9, 2013 11:03 AM

Very interesting information. Thanks for the address.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 9, 2013 2:44 PM

I am such a delica addict...........some of those colors are just making me ITCH to get my hands on them, especially like the green that has the (what appears to be blue maybe) glass instead of clear. ICL beads are always the ones that just pop out when you use them, one of my all time faves is the ICLs DB0067, DB0068 and DB0070..........oh heck I like almost all the ICL's. Oh my, why don't I have a Caravan account? My usual wholesaler was not sure they'd be getting them. Sigh. I just see a big bright flower wall hanging out of those.

And for those of you beaders who are scraping the silver out of your silver lined beads, you'll need to take care to work a bit slower and neater as these are ICL, inside color lined and can be damaged by scraping your needle against the inside wall of the bead. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
AlexiaFF wrote
on Apr 9, 2013 11:07 PM

No 11/0's but found these

http://store.goodybeads.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Alexia

Not Ranked
Posts 6
AprilBird4 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 12:56 PM

I got some of the new Delica's and they are terrific.  I only got two colors, but will want to get just about every one!Big Smile  However, I have a need for some round in neon colors.  I hope Miyuki will come out with matching colors in the rounds, but until then, any suggestion for 8/o & 11/o in round with as bright a neon as you can get? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 1:37 PM

April, the post right before yours has a source quoted.........goody beads. I'd also look at Shipwreck and other biggies like Fusion and Art Beads. They are all very up to date with what they carry. My first "go to" place is Fire Mountain, so look there also. They have a search tool as do most bead web sites, just search for neon beads on Google also. Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jul 10, 2013 3:53 PM

I just received a wonderful gift, from a bead store owner! Look at these beauties!

It seems my palette has never been so bright, but I loved the way these looked, so much, that I even decided to weave a cuff on the loom, with bright neon colors!

The Delicas are starting in numbers of 2000! Of course, there are not that many Delica colors available. The different finished run in certain numbers, like metallic in 400's and 500's, but not every number from 400-599. There are now actually only about 1,020 or so Delica colors/finishes available. Heck, that's much more than I could ever ask of a bead supplier Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS