Finishing a Bead Loom Project

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 27, 2013 1:29 PM

I've finished the beadwork on my loom project, and now I'm at the point where I need to weave my thread back through my beads. But my needle keeps getting stuck, I think the beads I'm working with are too small for the needle to pass through with the other strands of thread going through them already. Any ideas on what I can use other than my needle to weave my ends in with?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Mar 28, 2013 11:39 PM

If the thread is long enough, maybe you could use that to string some beads and use it as the toggle end?

I dunno. I don't weave all the ends in, I use a different method. Maybe someone else can help.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,493
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 29, 2013 1:44 AM

There are several ending methods. But what is it you are looming? Is it small like a bracelet, larger like a tapestry? Does the back need to look "perfect" or will the loomed piece be attached to something?

The strands can be taped off and glued onto the back of the main work if the back is to be covered. If it is a good size, knot every two strands together and then tape and glue. The bottom strands can be made into fringe, again knot two together for some stability and then make fringe out of it. I've seen (and done) a bracelet back when I was using a standard loom where I took the whole group of top and bottom warps and made a large knot out of them, made sure they were tight and then put a clasp sort of underneath them and let the tassels hang down. I also do not use a method that leaves me with warp threads. I use a modification of Teresa Gutherie's No Warps method, which I learned and liked. There are any number of different "schemes" for dealing with less warp threads at the end of the project, "pull and pray" is one also.

Pretty much depends on what the size is, what you are going to do with it and what material you warped the loom with. Take care and holler if you need more ideas. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS