CRAW help - Increasing on curves

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Mar 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Hey all.

I have done a raw bezel around a stone and what I am trying to do it attach a CRAW rope that goes the majority of the way around the stone making like a tear drop at the top of the stone and then braching out around the neck (see dodgy sketch, as I apparently don't know English today..)

Obviously, the rope attaching to the round bezel is not going to be centred and I will have to do some increases to make it fit.

They did some instructions for something similar in the October 2011 B&B magazine, but I could not for the life of me figure out their instructions!

Basically, I want to know if there is someone out there who can give me a simplified explanation (if one exists) on how to do this.. I got lost in the instructions when they started marking little Vs on the diagrams..

Thanks
Emma
xXx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:48 AM

I've seen it done where someone made a peyote tube on each side of the bezel and zipped it closed around the rope.

Otherwise, the only way I can think of is just to stitch back and forth between the bezel and the rope.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 8:41 PM

Thanks Cat.

I think I have it figured out.. I had to sit down on the couch with no music/tv to distract me, and REALLY concentrate on what the magazine was trying to explain to me.. I thought I had to incorporate the rope onto the bezel, but it looks like I stitch them seperately and then weave them together.

Emma
xXx

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS