Stainless steel clasps?

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 13
on Mar 18, 2013 1:39 PM

Hello!  I'm making a beadwoven bracelet (from one of Ella D's designs) for a woman who says she has to have a stainless steel clasp.  I can find stainless steel lobster clasps, but no slides or box clasps (which would look nicer, in my opinion)during a fairly intensive internet search.  My questions are  - do you have any recommendations for finding slide or box clasps in stainless, or is there another product that offers the same anti-allergy benefits?

Another approach would be some kind of beaded clasp, but I've only done "fat lady" type beaded clasps. I was thinking about two pieces of tubular peyote with a leather tie going through them (if that makes any sense) and would sure appreciate any suggestions!

thanks!

Cindy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 18, 2013 4:37 PM

You're right. I've never looked for stainless-steel clasps before, but now doing a Google search they are very hard to find. But I did find some!

One place I looked is The Ring Lord. I looked there because I've shopped there before, and I know they sell a lot of stainless-steel. They didn't let me down!  If you scroll down on this page, you will find toggle clasps, magnetic clasps, and even tube clasps(which I think is what you're calling a slide) made of stainless steel. They are in Canada, so the shipping is high and it takes about 10 days to get your order if you are in the USA. I usually keep a running shopping list and make an order from them when I have enough on my list to justify the shipping charge.

By Google-ing, I found an Etsy shop that has hook clasps of stainless-steel. I'm not going to make this as a clickable link because I don't want my post to be mistaken for spam. Just copy/paste and then take out the space after the word etsy.

http://www.etsy .com/listing/77889537/3-double-square-twisted-stainless-steel?ref=sr_gallery_22&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=stainless+steel+clasps&ga_page=2&ga_view_type=gallery

This Etsy shop is huge! I'm going to have a poke around in there myself. There are more stainless-steel clasps in there, but I thought this one was pretty.

I hope this helps.

Cat

Edited to add: I don't know how soon you need them, but, I will probably be making an order from The Ring Lord in the next few weeks.  If you want the clasps from there, I can add them to my order and forward them to you.

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 159
on Mar 18, 2013 8:03 PM

Do you mean like this? I bought them from Singapore. They are stainless steel. Have you tried Pandahall?

Not Ranked
Posts 13
on Mar 18, 2013 9:55 PM

Cat, that's so nice of you! I may see if I can find something delicate enough to compliment the bracelet on the Ring Lord's website and ask you to order for me. I hear stainless is very difficult to work with and I think the dearth of available options reinforces that.  

The Etsy site had very artistic clasps but unfortunately too big for my purposes. Luckily the lady I'm making it for is understanding about the time it's going to take to get a clasp.

How should I get in touch with you?  I can pay you through Paypal for my share of the order, if that works for you.

Thanks so much-

Cindy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:27 AM

Cindy, just click on my name in my post and my profile will come up. In there, there is an option to send me an email.  When I get it I'll respond.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS