bracelets

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 192
noelohwell wrote
on Mar 18, 2013 1:01 PM

just started making bracelets recently and here is my question...the heaviest part of the bracelet, the pretty part, tends to make it way to the underside of my wrist, and the clasp is showing on the top.  I hate this.  how do you weight the bracelet to keep the clasp underneath?

thanks!

Noel

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,528
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 18, 2013 1:29 PM

There are several ways, and I am an expert (LOL) because I absolutely HATE that also. First of all if the bracelet is for you and you don't mind it fitting close to the wrist, make sure you size it right, then it will tend to not slip around as much. Second, I took a class and made my bracelet with LOTS of dangles and leaves too long.......I was unhappy when I went to wear it and added two large green glass cube beads to the ends near the clasp and that sufficiently weights it so that the fancy part of the bracelet is always on top. Another one, I lined with ultrasuede as that tends not to want to slide much.

Now I watch things like that more carefully and compensate the decorative parts or add weight to the clasp part. Or make the clasp part of the design and it won't matter if it is on top or bottom. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 192
noelohwell wrote
on Mar 18, 2013 1:43 PM

thanks for the good ideas!  I'm going to try tonight to do something with the green bracelet I posted this morning.  I love it, but I HATE the clasp on top.

Noel

Not Ranked
Posts 10
summergirl1 wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 10:23 AM

Thanks a lot for the answer Donna. I had the same problem that the heaviest part of the bracelet would always slide underneath the wrist. Somehow I always make them too big, it seems hard to calculate the right size. I'm going to try fitting it closer to the wrist next time, hope it doesn't become too small then Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 192
noelohwell wrote
on Mar 21, 2013 1:48 PM

these are just beautiful!!

Noel

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Summer152 wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 3:06 AM

They are so beautiful. I make bracelets sometimes too.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS