chezk two hole fring necklace

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
nbprincess79 wrote
on Mar 17, 2013 3:48 PM

i love the two hole chezk fring necklace in the new april 2013 mag...but i dont have those beads..can i use tila's instead???

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 17, 2013 6:33 PM

The basic difference between the Tila bead and the Czech bead is the thickness. The Czech beads are puffier like a Chicklet gum where the Tila bead is flatter and the edges are sharper. But the basic size is the same. I'd sure go ahead and do the necklace with the Tila beads. 

Jean Campbell did a short intro on them both in the Dec12/Jan13 Beadwork. She mentions they are both flat square 5mm beads and just that the Czech beads are thicker and less prone to breakage. Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 9:29 AM

I think you could use Tilas. As mentioned above, the Checkmates are thicker, but in this design I don't think it will make a difference.

I loved that necklace when I saw it in the magazine too!  Be sure to post a picture of the necklace when you finish it.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
Summer152 wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 12:53 AM

Maybe you can find what you want in pandahall beads.Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
qibao65 wrote
on Aug 23, 2013 12:46 AM

The use of the differences between two kinds of beads is very big still, if I didn't go to carefully distinguish between how embarrassing. 

Hope I can help to you .

Fashion Jewelry wholesale supplier offer all kinds of  eozy beads and jewelry for beading and jewelry making.Great styles worldwide shipping.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS