Do these things have a different name?

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 5:08 PM

What is a "bead tip" and what is a "saucer"?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 6:41 PM

TC.........bead tip is one of the two ends that has a hole in it

saucer is something you put on the floor with food in it for a cat

OK, sorry for the "moment" there, I have slapped myself and I'm feeling better already. sigh. Are you talking bead caps here? or the wee thingy that goes over a knot in the end of the piece and clamps over and hides the knot? I'd say a saucer is a bead cap that has little curve in it or no curve and fits in with beads like rondelles where the curved ones would not work well.

Any way we can see what you have, where you found those terms? Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 9:20 PM

*LOL*  I was of the same mind over that saucer thing. I have a necklace pattern that calls for a saucer above a pearl that dangles. Looked thru FMG's "saucers" and they all are really just metal beads or what I call spacers. The pattern doesn't give sizes (if I had known that, I wouldn't have paid 4 bucks for it). Not the first one I've bought and been left hanging with. I did send off an email to the only address I could find, haven't heard anything back, yet. Going to give her a few days to reply before I "go public" with that part of it. After all, it's her creation.

Regardless, I think that will probably be the very last pattern I ever purchase. If I was only left to guess once or twice, I wouldn't mind. But this is getting old.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 7:38 PM

Hurrah! I got an email back from the author/designer/creator or what ever you want to call her. Even if I'm still going to take a shot in the dark on sizes, I wanted to let you know that she did indeed take her time to reply, and I give her kudos for that. It will also make me feel better about purchasing from her again. I wonder if I should invite her for Christmas dinner.............. You know: New best friend and all that?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 12:33 AM

well! if the author/ creator/ designer cant make it for christmas dinner... Drinks I could fill in for her, she sounds like a great new best friend, ( I mean after all, "returning email, makes her a canditate for my best friendWhisper(lol)

I am glad to  know, some people return emails.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS