acrylic tube

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 67
jyceL wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 1:21 PM

Hi,

I was in TJMaxx and they were displaying bracelets on a foot long acrylic tube.................... neat idea. Where can I find those tubes? thanks, Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,459
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 2:09 PM

I'd do a google on them, I just did a quick search using retail acrylic tube and found the first listing to be a company I've dealt with before......Interstate Plastics. You may have to call them and ask who they sell to if you don't want to buy a full length. If you do buy a full length you may be in the bracelet bar business for a short time.

The other thing is look at the kinds of companies that sell jewelry display items........FMG doesn't seem to have any clear acrylic ones, but some of the other probably will. I don't know what TJMaxx is, but didn't the bracelets slide around and fall off? I have a gorgeous custom made bracelet bar made out of a section of timber bamboo, my bracelets have a tendency to fall off if they are cuffs......... aggrevating.

Also another idea is look up acrylic brayers.........they are made to roll out things like PMC and come in nice smaller lengths, sometimes solid, sometimes hollow and in more sensible lengths. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 529
shanks wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 3:43 PM

Hi,

Do a search for "Acrylic rods"  and you can find what you are looking for, from short rods to long ones.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 67
jyceL wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 3:45 PM

thank you for your suggestions

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 1:18 AM

I saw a Pool Noodle( the long foam tubes that are hollow, kids use in the swiming pool) at the Gem & Mineral show. it was covered with felt or valour. It had been cut to a four tier rack. It had dozens of bracelets on it.

( I knew I should have taken my camera)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS