Help a Guy out plz... (Broke Glass Bead Necklace)

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
arrowheadman wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 11:11 PM

Hello, I recently bought an old house and among some old stuff that was left behind was a broke necklace of glass beads. They are cobalt blue and the only thing I have been able to find on the internet that looks like them are called Peking glass beads. I found them in an old trunk that had letters from the early 1920's up to the 1940's. They were strung on some kind of small white fiber rope and have a silver clasp. I would like to restring the beads and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what kind of material would be best to restring them on??....also if anyone know any kind of information on the glass beads I'm talking about I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Joe (arrowheadman)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 520
on Feb 26, 2013 12:02 AM

Is it possible for you to take a picture of them and share it here. It will help us be more accurate in our suggestions for you :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 12:23 AM

Joe, or a reference to what you saw on the net that looks like them. There ARE several different glass beads that are called "peking glass"......... A picture would also help someone to help you with a stringing material. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
arrowheadman wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 12:43 PM

Thank you both for replying... Here is a picture.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS