Peyote and Herringbone Square

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 3:01 PM

Hiya,

I'm sure I have the pattern for this in one of my magazines somewhere - it's either in B&B or Beadwork, but I have noooo idea which one (and to be quite frank, it will take me too long to look for it). I have made this before, but I can't quite work out how to start it off..

Otherwise, if anyone know how many beads I can start off with it would be helpful. I want to make a rectangle with an inside bead count of 18 on one side 12 on the other. Obviously 80 beads, but do I need to add an extra 2 beads for the corners?

Thanks
Emma
xXx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 12:44 AM

can't remember where I saw it either. but don't you have to include the corners in your count? otherwise, you're going to have a bigger sized piece then you planned. or I could be misunderstanding your question, too

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 12:32 PM

Do you have Shaped Beadwork by Diane Fitzgerald?  She has one of these rectangles in there.

Anyway, basically, yes you start with the bead count you want for the inside edge.  The first pass is regular peyote all around, then the rest of the passes have the herringbone stitch in the corners.  Work out from the center on the front then the back, and then zip it up on the outside edge.

Hope this helps.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Major2 wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 10:55 AM

Hi Emma.  I was going back through my older Bead and Button magazines this morning and found issue # 101 February 2011.  Page 37 may have the ansswers you're looking for.  Kathy

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS