Where can I find Delica 11/0 beads??

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
jessijames wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 12:59 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find a online store that sells 1 gram size 11/0 beads? I found one place but I am not happy with them because they did not ship my order until a week later. I work on a small loom making tapestries that are only 5 or 6 inches big. Because the loom is so small I'm not looking for more then one or two gram packages.

Thank you!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 1:32 PM

I don't know how many single gram packages you bought, but if the vendor had to weigh and fill the order and didn't promise next day shipping..........I'd say you were being a bit tough on him/her. I do appreciate your not naming them though.

Since you are sort of complaining about something I don't think is too biggie of a problem, I am not likely to share my small quantity vendors with you. You might turn around and bad mouth them too, then they'd no longer be my friends. And I consider anyone crazy enough to package down to a single gram a true saint.

If you are doing tapestries in the 5 and 6 inch range, surely you need more than a gram of a color, no? I do a lot of pictures in that size range, warping up my loom for one now about 6x6 inches. I started out purchasing 5, 7.5 and 10 gram tubes, now I buy in 50 gram bags and share anything over 30 grams with my friends at our Bead Society.............in 5 gram increments. Even 5 gram bags are sort of a pain and I only do it to promote the use of delicas. 

Sorry if I sound harsh, but you might be a bit unfair with your vendor unless there are extenuating circumstances. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 1:47 PM

Hi, Jessi!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, have you tried Fire Mountan Gems?  I've done business with them for years, and they are very prompt and have excellent customer service.  Also, there is Beadaholique and Artbeads.  Hope this helps!

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jessijames wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 2:07 PM

No it's completely fine.Yes I go to fire mountain all the time. That's where I go to get almost all of my beads, but because I only need 20 or 30 beads for the small projects that I do I don't want to get 7.5 grams like fire mountain has. I will definitely take a look at the other place.

Thank you!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jessijames wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 2:34 PM

D.M.Z,

Yes it may sound a little harsh but that was not the whole story. I should have told the whole story but at the time I could not go into detail because of my limited service. The story is I was ordering for a friend. She needed less than 100 beads and was trying to save money by ordering only what she needed. She only needed four or five colors. She was staying with me while she was in town but was going to be leaving in a week and a half for a road trip and would not have a way to get them on the trip. We had ordered the few beads on Friday and it had not shipped until the next Friday and we are not sure they will get here in time. I had sent the seller a email Tuesday when I noticed they had not shipped yet and never received a response. They still have not come.

That is the story. I was very excited to find a place that sold one gram delicas but now I am not sure about this vendor. 

I would never mention a sellers name because I would hate to ruin their reputation just based on my opinion and the services I received. And more importantly I would never mention the person who recommended the seller. I would hate to embarrass you or anyone else and ruin the good relationship they have with the seller. 

Usually I would not share my frustration about a seller but I was just hoping that someone may be able to help me with what I'm looking for.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 922
on Feb 27, 2013 9:42 AM

Hi Jessie!

I offered a reply, to include my suggestions of where you can buy Delicas by the Gram. My post is in 'moderation' right now. If it does not appear soon, I'll send you a private note.

While I have your attention, though, do you have a local bead shop? If so, ask them if they would be willing to sell you a gram of Delicas. The shop where I teach bead looming is now offerring the option, since patterns are needed for looming and many times just a few of them are requested, i.e., 175-200 Delicas per Gram.

If I miss the fact my last post doesn't go through, please feel free to email me!

Hope you share your bead art :D !

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 1:11 PM

Now your problem is translated into a legit complaint. Especially if you contacted them and they didn't respond............grrrr. I am sort of funny about new vendors, I have been known to call them and just ask some dumb question (like one I know the answer to) to judge their responsiveness to questions and/or problems and mostly, do they answer their phone or e-mails. 

One of my best tales was calling FishUSA before ordering Fireline from them.......got a great guy on the phone who answered my (real) question about deterioration over time and then I "confessed" that I was going to use the line for beading and that he might think I was some sort of a nut. He laughed and said that out of the 6 phone calls he had that morning all were for Fireline and from beaders. That surprised me no end and he was not condescending or anything, he treated me like any other customer. And I've been a customer of theirs since and do not hesitate to refer them to others. 

Right now I have a horribly overdue order........it has gotten trapped in two snowstorms, one right at the source on the east coast and now one in the midwest. It can't be helped. Now when it does show up it will be a treat and we will laugh about it. Luckily it is not some desperately needed item, like the beads for your friend.

When it comes time for your friend to go on her road trip, I hope she has her beads........ Donna

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS