Seen this?

This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 8:31 PM

Hope this is okay place to post this, but just wondering if any beaders used these (pic below). Guess what it is? An ice tray, used to make tube shaped ice for water bottles. You can find them at Walmart for around $4. They are great for storing your tools, keeps them neat and handy, very helpful.

Sorry the picture is turned like this, don't know why it did that when I inserted the photo.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 10:18 PM

Good idea!!! I see you have some marking pens in the other tray, one of those could hold markers too. I have something similar, it is a big block of wood with holes drilled in it, originally it held round tall tubes of beads but is it great for tools. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 11:09 PM

Great idea!  I use a mini tool bag (Tool Rider/Brown bag company/Lake Tahoe; found at my local Target).  It has pockets (elastic cord above pocket) all along the outside with a deep well and handles.  My tools are in the pockets and beading materials are kept in the well.  Much smaller than my other tool bag (for regular hand tools and small drill, etc.).  If I had the room, your idea would be perfect.  Thanks for sharing.

Ottercat Coffee

02-24-13 (2109 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 4:53 AM

Yes Donna it would be great for markers too, I use them for most anything that will fit in the tubes. I have 5 of them. Did you notice all the bread pans? I went to the Dollar Tree (everything there is $1) and bought me 5 of them - they are my project trays. I keep each project (I try not to have more than 1 or 2 going at a time) in its own tray and I use one of those desk trays, the Multi level kind, to keep the trays sitting in until I can get to that project... Helps keep me organized... A little.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 6:01 AM

Get out!  Really?  At Wally World?  I'm going to have to go get me a couple; they're much better than the mug I've been crowding them onto.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
shanks wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 5:25 PM

How do you keep all the stuff from falling out?  Big Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 10:56 PM

Shanks, the tubes are about 3"deep, the handles of your tools go down in to the tubes fairly easily. I havent ever had anything to fall out of the trays. Maybe if you put something very tall and heavy in it.. it really is a neat little tool caddy.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
shanks wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 11:38 AM

Just trying to be a SA for the way the picture is posted.  Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 7:17 PM

Salute! You have come up with one Awesome Tool Caddy. Wow!  now I have to run over to wally world and get a couple. along with bead mats to glue to the lids. I love it!

Hugs and Loves for sharing a photo!(for all us visual peoples)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:37 PM

Shanks... duh! I fell for that one, hook, line AND sinker!!! LOL!  I don't know why my pic did that, I took it with the ipad??? when I inserted it in the message it was all wonky like that??

Thanks Mary, for the comments.  I love when folks share their ideas and it is something I can take advantage of.  This one came from one of the girls in our Bead Society. I thought it was pretty cool too.  Hope you get to try it out.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
shanks wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 10:00 AM

Glad you do have a sense of humor, and the idea of using the molded Ice cube try is brilliant .

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 49
SoftFlexGuy wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 11:03 AM

Fantastic idea! I love out of the box thinking.

Looks like I will be visiting Walmart today.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 11:35 AM

What a great idea...I'm going to get one of those!!!  I have been using a smallish round basket about 6 inches high and keeping things like ruler, scissors etc. in the basket, with my tools hanging around the sides, but it is getting pretty crowded and I have been looking for something else...thank you, thank you for sharing your idea.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS