Hi Y'all !! I'm a Newbie!

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
puccini914 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 6:36 PM

Hello, I'm from the beautiful North Georgia Mountains.  I have been doing basic bead stringing for about 5 months now.  I work in primarily natural gemstones with gold and silver tone spacer beads.  I would like to learn wire wrapping and shaping, but I fear that sterling silver or gold wire will be way out of my budget.  I'm also interested in learning techniques with chain and chainmail.  I'm interested in classic shapes with natural inspirations with modern elements as well.  I just stumbled across this forum and I'm happy to be apart of it.  I've learned a lot from forums in the past and I look forward to learning a lot here.

Jennifer

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 1:48 PM
Welcome to the forums I love working with wire. But, like you sterling silver & gold are now out of reach of my budget. But I like working with copper wire just the same. And I've sold a number of copper pieces so, my customers don't seem to mind the copper. This is a great site with lots of very talented and helpful people. So, if you have questions just sing out and someone will be glad to give you a hand. You will find on this site, however, mostly stringing, off loom bead weaving, bead embroidery, loomed weaving. Even though some of us like to do it all. Or at least as much as we can get in during one life time.Lol. Just because you don't see it in the showcase or in the galleries doesn't mean that someone here isn't doing it or at least tried it. So, just give a shout if you don't find what you're looking for someone is bound to know where to find it or how to do it. See ya in the posts p.s looks like the gremlins are in my computer again. Sorry everything is running together. I REALLY do know about spacing.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 5, 2013 3:06 AM

Welcome ardently Jennifer, I am sure you would be glad to be here cause there are so many talented people here, almost all of your reasoning question would be settled once you decided to post it here, we have knowledgeable moderators who have been jewelry making lovers for many years, we have beginners who just start his jewelry making journey not long ago, well, in a word, this is a warm forum, welcome here! Big Smile 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS