Need help learning more about beading!

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Mary AnnM@20 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 9:03 PM

Hello all wanted to say hi and ask for help. I have been a bead collector for years and I now need a mentor to direct me in putting things in the right order and design. I have created a few things but I know there is room for improvement. If there is someone out there who is welling to share their knowledge and direction I would be for ever great full. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 2:18 PM

There is a lot of experience and knowledge available here, but beading covers a lot of ground. Perhaps you can be more specific what direction you want to go in? Embroidery? weaving? Stringing? If you read thru the forums, you learn a GREAT deal, and you'll be able to narrow down what you're after. Good Luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Mary AnnM@20 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 5:03 PM

Thanks for the reply - what I am looking for is how to make great bracelets, earings and necklaces. I guess what that would be is stringing and then once I get good moving on to metal work and other things. I will start lookng through the forums to see if there is someone out there who can help me. Have a GReat Sunday.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 582
shanks wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 5:46 PM

Welcome Mary Ann,

Over on the right hand side of the home page here is a big listing of "free" books. I would think that could be a great starting point for your quest. Good luck with the new beading.

Shanks

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 5, 2013 3:17 AM

Welcome Mary Ann! I categorized my items according to the main beads I took advantage, hope this would help in some sense! You can post some of your items on the Read Showcase if you will. Guess you will get huge improvement by communicating with people here! Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,958
SEllen 2 wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 5:28 PM
Mary AnnM Most everyone here is always willing to lend a hand with any questions you may have. All you need to do is ask. We have people of all skill levels here. While we all like doing different techniques most of us started with stringing and went from there. I hope you will show us some of your work when you can. We do love to see what others are doing. see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS