Slider bead?

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
rosiewibbs wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 5:51 PM

I have recently started making link bracelets like the Links of London ones, but I cant find the silver slider bead used like a slide knot. Does anyone know where I can find one or what to search for on bead sites? It has been driving me crazy!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 607
shanks wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 3:37 PM

I just did a Google search  and there are several sites that should have what you are looking for.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 571
Beadiecat wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 4:33 PM

I used the search term large hole silver round bead on Google, and lots of results exactly like the bead in your picture came up.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 2
rosiewibbs wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 4:46 PM

I think my post, or the photo  was misleading... The bead is not fully rounded, it is more of a puffed coin bead, similar to this. But I would need a 3mm hole for the braided cord to fit and be adjustable, and that bead would be used instead of a slip knot.

I have tried every variation of puffed coin/lentil/flat round/disc/coin bead I can think of and cannot find anything with a big enough hole. But I know they exist as I have seen them being sold at a market stall on a similar bracelet. Also when I asked the stall owner she said they were purchased already made so she didnt know.

If you find anything you think fits the description could you please post a link, or private message me the link

Not Ranked
Posts 1
myra2271 wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 2:35 PM

I took have been looking everywhere for those beads.

Have you had any luck finding them yet?

Let me know and I will do the same for you.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 607
shanks wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 3:18 PM

I know this is old, but I found several beads like you were looking for.  Here is one link    http://www.etsy.com/listing/109566757/raku-ceramic-bead-metalllic-copper-large

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on May 14, 2013 2:22 PM

The best place to look I find is eBay.com.

Never fails!  I use it to find any  macrame accessories I need.

Emma

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS