Slider bead?

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
rosiewibbs wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 5:51 PM

I have recently started making link bracelets like the Links of London ones, but I cant find the silver slider bead used like a slide knot. Does anyone know where I can find one or what to search for on bead sites? It has been driving me crazy!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 542
shanks wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 3:37 PM

I just did a Google search  and there are several sites that should have what you are looking for.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
Beadiecat wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 4:33 PM

I used the search term large hole silver round bead on Google, and lots of results exactly like the bead in your picture came up.

Cat

Not Ranked
Posts 2
rosiewibbs wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 4:46 PM

I think my post, or the photo  was misleading... The bead is not fully rounded, it is more of a puffed coin bead, similar to this. But I would need a 3mm hole for the braided cord to fit and be adjustable, and that bead would be used instead of a slip knot.

I have tried every variation of puffed coin/lentil/flat round/disc/coin bead I can think of and cannot find anything with a big enough hole. But I know they exist as I have seen them being sold at a market stall on a similar bracelet. Also when I asked the stall owner she said they were purchased already made so she didnt know.

If you find anything you think fits the description could you please post a link, or private message me the link

Not Ranked
Posts 1
myra2271 wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 2:35 PM

I took have been looking everywhere for those beads.

Have you had any luck finding them yet?

Let me know and I will do the same for you.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 542
shanks wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 3:18 PM

I know this is old, but I found several beads like you were looking for.  Here is one link    http://www.etsy.com/listing/109566757/raku-ceramic-bead-metalllic-copper-large

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on May 14, 2013 2:22 PM

The best place to look I find is eBay.com.

Never fails!  I use it to find any  macrame accessories I need.

Emma

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 20, 2013 4:44 AM

Put the keyword  "silver beads" or "silver slider beads" on Google Search, and you will get many sites about them. Try it.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS