my latest soutache neclace & more

This post has 52 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 5:41 AM

It doesn't have tobe identical.  This one is so beautiful!  May I buy it?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 6:18 AM

off course ValBig Smile

Send me a PM and we can talk outside the forum.

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 3:05 PM

Gorgeous colouring! The dark brown edges REALLY make the focal beads shine.

Amazing work! Smile

Emma
xXx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Feb 26, 2013 9:41 AM

Well Niwas.. ebay.in doesn't have the same stuff.. i looked into it.. thanks for the suggestion though.. :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 2:10 PM

Oh sorry to hear Gopika chaddah. Really hope you can find some stones to work with soon.

I´m still hoping to dare to buy from ebay soon, but i´m looking from all around the world, but some how i´m ending up in US when i find some stones I like Big Smile
my latest cabochon I worked with is in glass that I bougth from a friend (internet beading friend who also works with glass)

what do you think about thisBig Smile
I got a few internet friends that is working with glass and they make so much beautiful cabochons I would like to buy them all.Stick out tongue

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Mar 1, 2013 4:00 PM

*Goes starry eyed and faints* It is awesome!!!! I just found some old glass stones in my bead stash and decided to work on them and seems like I need more inspiration to start with them *is embarrassed and sinks through the floor* I want it to b a pendant for our lord Krishna at home.. geez.. i am a beginner in this stuff and will learn all the way Big Smile And everybody's work here in this website is my inspiration to work hard on my stuff and use loads of imagination and try every stitch once ^_^

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Mar 1, 2013 4:01 PM

The stone above is the one m working on :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 4:18 PM

I keep telling myself I need to give soutache try, so many beautiful pieces created with this technique! Nice work!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 4:47 PM

Thank you so much Gopika!Big Smile
I´m really in love with this technique and bead embroidery it is so much fun and it can turn out real well sometimes.
This time I had this amazing glass cabochon inspiring me. I can´t wait to sink my teeth in to the next one, I bought 5 of theese amazing glass cabochon mostly in blue/purple and she sent me 5 extra a little simpler but still wery workable.I. couldn´t wait and started working with two of them at the same time so I got one in progress.

I´m a beginner with this Soutache thing and I have been trying bead embroidery since may-june last year and still learning.

That glass cab you have is a really lovely colour.
I would prabably use a similar colour but darker and bead around it with peyote or something so you still could see trough it.
Love to see  what you come up withBig Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 4:53 PM

Thank you megabgirl!

Yes there are so many beautiful Soutache pieces, I really would like to give those really big & advanced one a try. 
I got this thing about beading things i can be able to wear my self and I like smaller and not to much. But in the same time I really would like to able to do this really wow piece and just go crazy with beads and just do what the beads tell me toBig SmileStick out tongue

I really think you should give it a try if you want toBig Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 6:17 AM

Squee!  So pretty; wonder what kind of stone it is?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 6:56 AM

Gopika Chaddha:
I just found some old glass stones in my bead stash

Val it is a glass blob. It is a color I haven't seen before, but non the less it is very pretty. I can see this in a piece of jewelry. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 8:25 AM

Wow, Sue; it worked out to be a perfect cab!  How does that happen?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 277
on Mar 2, 2013 11:16 AM

That sounds good your getting 5 more cabochon.. I want to start bead embroidery and that too with the wall hangings first but I need to finish with my small projects.. 

I am new to cabochon so i will start with something simple.. I had pink seed beads and i started with peyote on the stone but the beads were somehow leaving their colour on thread and my hands so dropped the idea of using the colour.. Now m on silver and copper.. 

Val and Sue I bought this beads 4 yrs back and tried to make a bracelet using connectors like below but the stones were fragile and they broke so i didn't touch them for a while.. Now i know what to do with them so have started the work ^.^

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 12:59 PM

Gopika I´m looking forward to see what you come up with.  Smile

Heres my glass cabochon, the bottom right is the one I used in my last piece shown here.
The big orange/red is on my beading table right now 

Page 2 of 4 (53 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS