Finishing a netted bracelet

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 10:06 PM

Not sure this goes under the How-Do-I forum, but I can't find a forum of When-Do-I. I've made this netted bracelet. I haven't embellished it yet, nor have I added the clasp yet. My question is: Do I embellish before or after I add a clasp? Or doesn't it matter? I made it with 11/o seeds and Wildfire. Can I use wire for the embellishments? Or even for the clasps? I don't HAVe to use wire, just thought it would be more durable.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 7:38 AM

tcwhit,

You can continue with the wildfire. I personally would do the one end of the clasp, and then continue on with the same thread doing the embellishment. Or you could do both ends and then embellish, or you could embellish and then the clasps. It really all depends on what you feel comfortable doing.

Remember, this is your piece, and as long as it turns out the way you envisioned, you did it correctly.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 7:44 AM

Oh Sue, I'm hoping I didn't make a big mistake here. The netting runs sideways across the bracelet, not the long clasp  to clasp direction. I knew it would have a LITTLE stretch to it, so I tried to keep a really tight tension on it. But wow, at 7.25 inches it stretches almost another full half inch and the clasp isn't even on it yet! I know already that's going to be able to slide right off. Is there any fix for this or should I just take it apart and do it in the other direction?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 7:49 AM

No problem,you didn't do anything wrong,  just work your way to the end to add the finished end, if that is where you want to go. Remember it is thread and you can go anywhere with it. It's not like a summer phase around here with all the road construction. "you can't get there from here" in this case you can get there from here. Go for it!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 1:26 PM

TC...........think about running your embellishment the clasp to clasp direction and that may hold the netting from the big stretch factor. If not, heck it is just thread and a bit of time that you're out and next time someone asks about netting, you have advice to give. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS