how to let jewelry connector n

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
blue olive wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 2:59 PM

Hi this is my first post ..i would like to thank everybody here as I learned from you better than all the books I got :-) , my question is  I added a connector to a chain & i used oval jump ring at each end of the chain  but when i try to wear it the connector twists and i see the back of the connector instead of the front , how can i let the connector lay flat at the right side instead of twisting ? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,468
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 3:43 PM

More info needed and could you send a picture? One question is this............how do you make the chain itself lay flat? That would seem to me to be important to know, then you can work on how to keep the connector flat and facing forward. Without knowing anything about your materials, my first work around would be to take that oval jump ring and twist it with pliers into a figure 8. In my mind's eye I see that as closing the amount of loose area in the jump ring and possibly keeping the twist from happening. But that is only an idea. Send more info if you can. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 3
blue olive wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 5:34 PM

thanks for replying Donna  ...here is a picture  ...The chain is sterling silver i connected it with silver orchid flower connector  ...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,259
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 8:06 PM

Blue Olive

I am not sure this will help, but you see where the end of one chain in going toward the left and the other toward the right. Well, my thought is that if you change one of the ends to twist the same as the other, so the both either go toward the left or the right. Not sure this will even help or maybe make it worst, however I would think it is a simple thing to try to see if it helps. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Feb 25, 2013 9:49 AM

You could try adding fishing swivels to the top and bottom. Fishing swivel will turn in whatever direction, and by having a second swivel at the bottom, it'll match the turning, so its not back to front, or twisted looking like you have there.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
blue olive wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:07 AM

thank you all , and thank you blue I didn't know their is jewelry fishing swivels ..i got to try that .

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Feb 26, 2013 5:46 PM

Np. I've been using fishing swivels long before the beading and jewelry shops thought of selling them! Cos i wanted something that turned without twisting and I couldn't find it in the beading shops! It much cheaper if you buy them from the fishing and tackle shop. And you can buy split rings in the tackle shop too, along with fireline and spiderwire.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS