I think I'm becoming a Delica freak!!

This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
purplefiona wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 2:15 PM

Really good point about the satin beads. My favourites are the opal silver lined colours and I can't wait to sew my own chart. A measure of my burgeoning obsession is that I actually work in a beadshop. You would think I'd be fed up with them, but no!

Where can I get the most up to date delica chart to attach my beads to without buying any delica beads to attach? Is it the silverhill one, which seems tonbe 2008, or should I make my own ? I can use Excel. 

Ta

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 2:30 PM

Fiona, I usually buy my cards from the wholesaler that I get my delicas from, they of course have the newest releases of colors on new cards. I kept all the old ones and just marked off beads that were discontinued, but left the beads on the card. That way if I find an old pattern I can figure out what new bead will work. 

You could just print the ones on Miyuki's site on a heavier paper and even though they have the beads printed on them, you could sew yours onto that for accuracy and a record of what you have in stock. If you use Excel, you could also have extra columns to use for actual physical inventory (which I should have done last month as I try to do it around the first of the year). I don't inventory down any further than the nearest gram..........

I also just adore the opal delicas..........so very wondrous in their effect. Oh heck, I love almost all the delica colors, I have them all now (all the colors, not exactly all the finishes though) except the new ones that aren't here yet. Some of my other faves are the clear with color lining. What they do in my loomed patterns is really cool, they show but they don't show, subtle. And one of my all time faves is DB70, pink lined clear and I don't like pink very much, but that one rocks. Donna

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS