Anyone in USA order from Alibaba?

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 514
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 11:03 AM

Been searching for a frog charm for weeks. Only one I want is a site called Aliexpress, but at the top says alibaba. I'm in the USA. Does anyone in the US order from there? Wondering about things: Costs of course. Reliability of the company. Length of time to receive it. Is there minimum order required. Can I buy it retail? Or can I add to someone else order here? I'd be happy to pay shipping for it also if it would be less then just ordering a single piece on my own

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,360
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 12:41 PM

TC, I always thought alibaba was only a "middle man" referring you to a final source, and it used to be that the final source was a wholesale deal. They may have changed that since I checked them out eons ago.  Keep us posted on your experience with them. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 462
shanks wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 3:25 PM

Donna is correct about Alibaba. I currently belong to their site.   Aliexpress is using it like Amazon, selling many different things. Looking at their site, they have free shipping and a minimum order. I myself would not have a problem giving them a try. Lots of frogs to choose from, and it says they will mix an order to make minimum.  The orders I have that come from China usually arrive within a week.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 462
shanks wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 9:19 PM

Hi,

I see where you might be open to split and order from Aliexpress.  If you are still interested get in touch, maybe we could work something out.

Shanks

Not Ranked
Posts 5
moosiemoose wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 2:01 AM

i dont know if its any help , but I am in the UK and have used suppliers on Ali Express .  Ive never had a problem .  They are more for people wanting smaller quantities were Ali baba is a database of manufacturers etc wanting huge quantities . Like everything doing a little bit of homework on whoever you intend to deal with is always a good thing   . I only use people who  also have  presence on the main Alibaba site .  Most of the smaller shops are small time traders . and look for someone who uses escrow  . Good Luck

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 553
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 9:43 AM

Just my own opinion, but I have seen a lot of copyright and intellectual property issues on Aliexpress.  Maybe not all of the sellers are involved with this, but it taints the whole site for me, and so I will not use them. Just recently I saw three stores who had actually taken a screen shot of someone's Etsy page (without even cropping it to remove the Etsy store name, owner's name, original price, etc) and were using that as their product shot.  WUT???

Other users have reported good experiences.  So, it is really up to you to research and make up your mind..

Cat

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS