My Kumihimo beading adventures begin!

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 24
abby_p wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 9:05 AM

Trying to get to grips with kumihimo. Got my muradi thingy ready to roll and need to make some basic stuff to get my eye in. Once it looks like I'm not making too much of a fool of myself I'll start adding beads into the mix.

Exciting times ahead!

Started a facebook account too. Boon or bust? Not sure yet.Just need to link to some people when I have time.

Two new adventures in one week! Looks like 2013 will be even more challenging than I first thought.

Anyone else into kumiwhatsit here? I think there is another forum related to this for weaving. Will have to try and find it for tips.

On the down side, Sammy (my cat) knocked over all of my seed beads today. Handheld Dyson to the rescue! The sorting will takes ages. Oh Sammy. How can you look at me like "what?"

much love

Abby x

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 9:42 AM

First: I wish you lots of fun in your newest endeavor and look forward to following your progress. Second: Oh no Kitty!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 9, 2013 12:11 AM

Sammy!  Bad kitty!  They really meed to invent an automatic sorter for seed beeds where you can just toss them in and it will sort them by gauge and color.  Whoever invents that will never have to work again! Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 9, 2013 1:42 AM

Abby, how exciting to learn kumi-whatsit, have fun. Re: Sammy......... don't be too hard on the lad, cats are devils like that. I used to buy replacement rhinestones that came in a big bag with all colors and sizes mixed. Wait until you are in a mood to do nothing, zero, nada, zip and that is the moment to get started sorting. I used a metal scoop much like the ones used to load tubes of beads. And I'd take a flat dish or a place mat and just start......... Pretty soon you will have wee piles of blues, reds, etc. and it won't look so bad. I'd do as many as I could stand without screaming, then just stop and bag up the sorted ones and put the rest back in the big bag they came in. Ready for the next time I needed mindless entertainment. I've done the same with beads that came mixed..........I hate messy things and even sorted a bag of mixed greens that came together to make a scrambled bracelet base. Of course that was just busy work as I mixed them back up to make the bracelet, I just had to know which ones had more or less.............

Take care and have fun. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS