made a nice sale

This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 82
HoneyBeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 8:29 AM

Thats is a funny story :)

I make all my pieces for selling. I'm highly allergic to non-silver or steel material. I simple can't where my pieces myself. And If I make a piece for myself it must be all made out of fireline or c-lon. Even the silver seedbeads make me itch! But its worth it :) 

After reading this I might think about selling on etsy. If I can get almost half of the money I now make extra, that would be wonderful :D The market for home made jewelry here is very low because there are so many people how do it. Now I have to say that I'm talking about normal beading here. This seedbead kind of beading issen't very commend here. But still, people expact me to sell my pieces for the same price. My shiny rivoli pendant, I would be lucky if I get 25 euro's for that. That would be awesome.  And that is including the lether necklace and all that stuff!

So you might ask, why do you like beading if you can't where it and it yourself? Well let that just be a case of beader madness ok :P Can't help it, don't want a cure for it :)

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 9:17 AM

HoneyBeads:
I'm highly allergic to non-silver or steel material. I simple can't where my pieces myself. And If I make a piece for myself it must be all made out of fireline or c-lon.

That is one of the reasons to make your own jewelry. If you notice on my necklace, there is no clasp. It is long enough to go over ones head. And I often use toggles made of seed beads, and also use glass buttons for clasps. No metal, no reaction. Make yourself something like what I just listed and you will be able to wear it yourself. 

As for the price of homemade jewelry where you are, if the pieces don't sell for much, the beads to make them must also be low. The piece I made in the picture, cost me more in the beads and time, that what you could sell it for. At that rate, I would lose money, and defeat the purpose for selling it. I use the money I make to buy more supplies. If I spent 9.78 US dollars for the beads, and spent 9 hours making it, I made 10.02 an hour US dollars. My target would be somewhere between 10. - 15. an hour, so for my area I did just what I wanted.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 82
HoneyBeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 12:37 PM

The beads here are not cheap not to expensive I think. I must say that I am a real bargain hunter :) If you want to know where it is the cheapest in the Netherlands, just ask me :P But I also seek a lot of alternatives for products like stiff stuff or ultra suede.

Maybe a vieuw examples to see if the prices are the same or cheaper in our counrty. This are non-bargain products, but a standard price in our country.

Lacy's stiff stuff A4 format; 6,95 ( 9,48 dollar)

ultra suede A4 format 8,95 ( 12,21 dollar)

a cuff mesing cuff 28mm 6,95 (9,48 dollar)

fireline 0,06 110 meter 18,00 (24,56 dollar)

gemstone agate 45*35 6,95 (9,48 dollar)

soutache 1 meter 0,75 (1,02 dollar)

Is this cheaper, more expensive or the same?

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Feb 1, 2013 12:44 PM

$_$ wow!! thats so cool!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 1:46 PM

The things you listed, are all sightly higher then the area I shop in. A 5g. tube of 11/0 Delica beads here run anywhere from 2.50 to 14.75  US dollar depending on the color and finish. That is  1.83 to 10.74 euro. The Czech seed bead are a bit cheaper. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 82
HoneyBeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 2:26 PM

Some of the delica's might be just a little cheaper. But it indeed depends of the color and finish. So I think that the materials over all cost about the same, but people in the Netherlands are not ready to pay a good price for home made jewelry. 

But as you, I only sell my jewelry to buy new beads. But I would not mind to get a little extra sometimes :) How do you sell your jewelry? Do you go to a fair or something like that? Or do you have a website to? 

I tried a website atleast 6 times, but it didden't work for me. You have to make a lot of jewelry and you have to get yourself on the market. So advertising is very important. But it cost also a lot of money and mostly I didden't make any at all.

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Not Ranked
Posts 19
armellamea wrote
on Apr 29, 2013 8:14 AM

Amazing necklace...

Beautiful colors...

Marijana

Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Apr 30, 2013 6:49 PM

Beautiful worth every penny....I think you could have sold it for more....

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhimzicalGrace

http://about.me/handbeadedjewelry

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 430
ss10001 wrote
on May 2, 2013 8:41 AM

It is a beautiful piece - you did a fantastic job on it.  And if you're happy and the customer is happy, who else should care?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS